Clutch constantly engaged!

Retsihw

Local time
8:26 PM
the springs are not the issue. it's the crankshaft. I think it's bent because no matter how much i turn it over, as soon as resistance is applied to the live wheel, brakes, rider weight, etc... The engine dies immediately. took off the clutch cover and inspected it, the clutch is perfectly aligned and set up. I did notice that the crankshaft was off-center in the bushing, pressing the bushing to make the clutch useless and not freewheel when at idle, nor accelerate without a choppy start.

I am wondering if there is a quick fix or if i need to disassemble the motor entirely to force the crankshaft back into shape.
my other alternative is to get a replacement motor...

runs great when the wheel is raised off the ground lol.

Pictures would be a great benefit here to help diagnose the problem. Chances are if the shaft has actually been bent, there's major internal damage inside of the engine. Meaning the engine wouldn't run at all.

Pictures would be a great benefit here to help diagnose the problem. Chances are if the shaft has actually been bent, there's major internal damage inside of the engine. Meaning the engine wouldn't run at all.
He has had other posts previous to this one @Sidewinder Jerry ...Here are the links to the pics he has posted as well as one Twitter video that might be of help...Four strokers are your thing, not mine...lol.

the springs are not the issue. it's the crankshaft. I think it's bent because no matter how much i turn it over, as soon as resistance is applied to the live wheel, brakes, rider weight, etc... The engine dies immediately. took off the clutch cover and inspected it, the clutch is perfectly aligned and set up. I did notice that the crankshaft was off-center in the bushing, pressing the bushing to make the clutch useless and not freewheel when at idle, nor accelerate without a choppy start.

I am wondering if there is a quick fix or if i need to disassemble the motor entirely to force the crankshaft back into shape.
my other alternative is to get a replacement motor...

runs great when the wheel is raised off the ground lol.
Can we get some pics, I think you you got a bushing issue in your clutch bell. I highly doubt crank is bent, but it can happen. Thanks.

Can we get some pics, I think you you got a bushing issue in your clutch bell. I highly doubt crank is bent, but it can happen. Thanks.
I'll get some pics after i'm done with some work today. i think you guys may be right about the bushing, i cannot get the bushing screw unstuck myself. need something more heavy duty.

334884625_768330221146109_4326476907660453413_n.jpg

Remove the spark plug & put some rope down the sparkplug hole. Make sure to keep a foot or so of rope out of the hole to hold on to. Then slowly rotate engine over until engine locks up, then remove your crankshaft bolt. You can thank @Chainlube for that trick!!!
got the bushing off. lubed it and now the clutch freewheels moderately well after oiling. BUT now the issue is the bike wont start. found gas in the oil case, drained it, lit it on fire to burn any fuel in there, then refilled on oil. still wont start. been playing with the carb for like 2hours now. gonna have to screw it lean all the way then back it out every couple pulls soon i think.

Back