Clutch noise

Are there any marks inside the cover, also check the other side where the chain connects to the bike. I had a kit where the engine sprocket and clutch shaft wasn't machined right and the chain rubbed on the case.
I am having trouble removing the gear that holds the clutch pads. I can't pull it out with my hands. I am scared to try to pry it out. What is the best way to get it out if it doesn't pop right out?

I am having trouble removing the gear that holds the clutch pads. I can't pull it out with my hands. I am scared to try to pry it out. What is the best way to get it out if it doesn't pop right out?
Did your kit come with the tool? It looks like a weird bolt, a different size thread on each end. Remove the center nut from the clutch backing plate and screw tool in to remove plate.

Did your kit come with the tool? It looks like a weird bolt, a different size thread on each end. Remove the center nut from the clutch backing plate and screw tool in to remove plate.
Yes it came with the tool. Only problem is my gasket is falling apart and the link somebody sent me to another one They are out of stock. I don't believe I can open it up again unless I have a new gasket.

Look for this.

Attachments

• 20230703_123306.jpg
    20230703_123306.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230703_123322.jpg
    20230703_123322.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 45
Yes it came with the tool. Only problem is my gasket is falling apart and the link somebody sent me to another one They are out of stock. I don't believe I can open it up again unless I have a new gasket.
It doesn't seal in any kind of fluid, you can crazy glue any broken bits into place. It's still easier to cut one from a Kellogg's box.

Make sure you clean the threads on both puller tool and clutch before you try and thread it on. Some come pretty dirty from the factory.

Back