Clutch noise

Do you have the terracotta looking pads?
Greased all and still making squeaky noise.
In case you don't know what terracotta looks like, it looks like Georgia red clay, a "ruddy" looking colour...If you do have these, they are known to squeel like a stuck pig...Change them out to these pads in link below...They are cheap and easy to replace with these, no more squeel...lol.

I run these in my Phantom 85 when I threw out the red clay pads that came with the kit...The Phantom is much more demanding on its clutch than the usual 66/80cc motors are so I know they will last.

https://www.amazon.com/KQTshangmao-60xBlack-Square-Motorized-Bicycle/dp/B09FL7D8WC

There is enough in this bag for four times replacement, more than enough...They last much longer too for only about 10 bucks.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Greased all and still making squeaky noise. I didn't pull the round ball out and put any grease on that but I put quite a bit of grease on that end of the pin. Should I have pulled the the round ball and greased it also?
In theory yes, if you globbed enough grease on the bucking bar it should be fine to be honest.

Personally I always pull the ball bearing out and make sure it's greased thoroughly as well.

Can you provide us a video of the squeaking noise? when does the noise happen? etc.

It could be crappy bearings. What motor do you have? Mine came with a super loose clutch which is why I took the time to rebuild it

In case you don't know what terracotta looks like, it looks like Georgia red clay, a "ruddy" looking colour...If you do have these, they are known to squeel like a stuck pig...Change them out to these pads in link below...They are cheap and easy to replace with these, no more squeel...lol.

I run these in my Phantom 85 when I threw out the red clay pads that came with the kit...The Phantom is much more demanding on its clutch than the usual 66/80cc motors are so I know they will last.

https://www.amazon.com/KQTshangmao-60xBlack-Square-Motorized-Bicycle/dp/B09FL7D8WC

There is enough in this bag for four times replacement, more than enough...They last much longer too for only about 10 bucks.
This is my first gas bicycle. How do I get to the clutch pads? I will get a video of it today

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

I watched a YouTube video on how to replace the pads. Where would I get a new gasket?

You shouldn't really need to get a new gasket for that clutch gear box dust cover, Its just a paper type gasket that is on there and quite reusable...I take my cover off often enough to put just a dab of grease on the gears and havent ripped a gasket yet.

When I do need one, I can get one here easily enough...lol.

You shouldn't really need to get a new gasket for that clutch gear dust cluster cover, Its just a paper type gasket that is on there and quite reusable...I take my cover off often enough to put just a dab of grease on the gears and havent ripped a gasket yet.

Thanks

You shouldn't really need to get a new gasket for that clutch gear box dust cover, Its just a paper type gasket that is on there and quite reusable...I take my cover off often enough to put just a dab of grease on the gears and havent ripped a gasket yet.

I put the clutch pads in that you recommended and the clutch is still making a noise it's just not squealing like it was. But I can still hear them. Is that bad or good? I have tightened the flower nut up as tight as I can get it and still get it into neutral.

I put the clutch pads in that you recommended and the clutch is still making a noise it's just not squealing like it was. But I can still hear them. Is that bad or good? I have tightened the flower nut up as tight as I can get it and still get it in the neutral.
Are there any marks inside the cover, also check the other side where the chain connects to the bike. I had a kit where the engine sprocket and clutch shaft wasn't machined right and the chain rubbed on the case.

Back