Clutch

Regalgse00

Local time
6:09 PM
How do you adjust the clutch if it has to much tension. When I go to put the cover on and bolt it down right away the clutch will engage a tad and not rotate the engine. But if I back off the bolts a bit. It will rotate the engine again when I turn it by hand?

Turnout the flower nut a turn or 2 on the clutch. Then readjust your cable.

Should be an 1/8th inch between plate and pads when clutch handle is held in. Not sure why your cover is contacting the plate. Can we see pics of the clutch side opened up with cover off?

Are you saying that when you bolt the clutch gear cover on that it's rubbing against the cover? If that's it, make sure the small gear is not pushing outward and the set screw is tight, they have been known to vibrate loose. Also, I know they make different sized clutch gear covers, some are thinner than others.

How do you adjust the clutch if it has to much tension. When I go to put the cover on and bolt it down right away the clutch will engage a tad and not rotate the engine. But if I back off the bolts a bit. It will rotate the engine again when I turn it by hand?
Does your situation look anything like what this situation looks like, that the pic shows in the link below ???...DAMIEN

If it does, here is what you start off doing.

Generally, I say don't f*** with the flower but.
Use your them push the bar in until it's hard to push then tighten the cable stop screw next pull the clutch lever in walk it a few feet should be easy next drop the clutch it should drag the rear wheel. Pull it back in park it or ride it, should be just fine.

Back