Computer/Speedometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler6357

Local time
5:56 AM
Just a general question for everyone. I was wondering what kind of computer/speedometer's everyone is using? I got a cheap bicycle speedometer (see link) but the vibration from the engine constantly resets the thing. I have tried it on different parts of my handlebars as well as using different kinds of pads under it but nothing has worked yet. Anyone have any suggestions for better ones?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...766021&hash=item3ae0c5f372:g:q9wAAOSw5UZY90ND

I was thinking of getting this one but it has the same type of connectors
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-LCD-Bi...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is the battery firm in place and when connecting to the holder?
Battery fully charged?

It shouldn’t be resetting unless your hitting a button

Last edited:
I agree, the vibrations from cycling over rough terrain are much stronger than those from our engines.
Could it be RFI (radio frequency interference) from the spark plug/wire/boot?

I’m using the Speedometer map and I log most of my rides with it. Check out my highest speed! Somehow the app glitched once. The highest mph is still 37. No way this thing could do 55. Highest should show is 34 for my last series of rides.
079E69B1-F2D4-4CF1-AED9-29B2E9C086D4.png
079E69B1-F2D4-4CF1-AED9-29B2E9C086D4.png
498D6FE7-6F96-4DF5-AA58-791C38801D71.png

I haven’t reset it. This is a series of short rides - and about 15% of my rides haven’t been logged. Longest ride was about 17 miles.

I have issues with my electrical speedometer. I always assumed it was because the engine is grounded to the frame and that messes up the computer's ground.

Under most conditions, the magnetic speedometers that work so well on bicycles will not do well on a motorbike. The plug needs shielding.

I've had good luck with the Velo 7 Cateye. It's hardwired. The wireless ones get electromagnetic interference from the ignition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back