Cool idea (my current bike project)

-Now it’s running OK has a dead spot. I’m guessing the mitsu clone will have more power than the Subaru. 15cc advantage and 2 stroke instead of 4 stroke.

Did you take off the screws on the other side? Walbro carbs usually have a metal screen there that filters the incoming fuel after the inlet tube and before the needle and seat valve. This is almost always the only thing dirty on these little carbs. I noticed a little residue in your pic. A little is all it takes.

There was a screen but it didn’t have any debris in it. There was just yellow stuff on the top piece as you can see. The diaphragm seems a little crinkled. I think the gas I’m using is from November and ethanol free because it was for the generator when the power went out. The diaphragm isn’t horrible because it does idle if it was really shot the engine would run for a second and shut off. That’s what the weed eater engine I have does with the same type carb.

what if you could put this on a rack mount?? lol. 6.09 cu in. conleyprecision.com

what if you could put this on a rack mount?? lol. 6.09 cu in. conleyprecision.com
View attachment 86205
That would be pretty cool but did you happen to see the price? last time I spoke to him his engines started at 7k.He had a 1/4 scale r/c cobra and a boat fitted with his engines and some f***er stole them from the Toledo hobby show.

Would have to redesign something like that for the 76mm clutch. I want to make a small multi cylinder engine someday a little flathead or something. Could use gx35 pistons and valves. A v4 140cc would be cool.

That would be pretty cool but did you happen to see the price? last time I spoke to him his engines started at 7k.He had a 1/4 scale r/c cobra and a boat fitted with his engines and some f***er stole them from the Toledo hobby show.

Yeah, the Conley engines are totally awesome, a few years ago when I was looking at shaft-drive bicycles, the first thing I thought of was "I bet someone could adapt a Conley engine to that". In my old Yahoo Car Chat days, we were familiar with Conley's work, as he started out making a scaled-down Viper V10 engine before losing everything in a fire. :(

It's just another one of those things that would make dang good MaB science if price is no object.
His supercharged Stinger is like $10K or more, last time I checked. So much want, so little need!

Back