Cool idea (my current bike project)

Just over $8k for the version that makes less power than a HF212. The supercharger adds almost $2500!

V8 sound is pricless tho!

Ok guys I may get a job that’s close enough to ride a motorized bike to. I’m thinking about going without car insurance a few months and doing some other things to save money. Reason being I need to save money for trade school and a place of my own. The Subaru is great but my plan from the start was use the tle43 clone with the belt drive for more power and especially the starter. May start piecing together little stuff next few days. I have selected some tires, continental town and country 26x2.1. I will also upgrade the fork (already have headset and the parts I need) and will probably rob the caliper off my old mag wheels bike. The Wally World bike has the wrong type caliper it’s the side mount instead of post.

Last edited:
I’ve found a battery box that’s close enough. I will use some foam or something and maybe put some wiring in it. Noco hm082bks. Took a while to find one that’s not for full size truck batteries but that’s the smallest I could find.

Test fitting the engine. Case is touching the u bracket. I’ll see if I can file it to fit. I will keep the Subaru the kit came with it is a good long lasting engine but it’s just not enough power for western pa. I don’t like going 5mph up a hill. This motor will probably get me in the mid to upper 30’s.

thx I’ve got to order some stuff and make some brackets. Fender bracket, battery bracket, rear lights bracket. I want to get a grom style headlight. I have a 🐀s nest of wires in a box. Some of them were cut. I just hope it doesn’t look like a mess and I can wire the stuff up.

Test fitting the engine. Case is touching the u bracket. I’ll see if I can file it to fit. I will keep the Subaru the kit came with it is a good long lasting engine but it’s just not enough power for western pa. I don’t like going 5mph up a hill. This motor will probably get me in the mid to upper 30’s. View attachment 86295View attachment 86296
How about put some washers in there and it would give enough clearance.........Curt

Could but then there would be a gap and moisture could get in the crack and rust up the clutch bell. Going to use sharpie and file the bottom of the case. As you can see it only needs a little bit.

Back