Current Cruzzer / Whizzer engines. Any experience?

Skeezer

Local time
5:46 PM
I'm considering buying a current Cruzzer engine from Taiwan. I have a WC1 with a NE5 top end that I'm quite happy with. I want a spare engine. I've heard the bottom ends are bullet proof. Joe claims the current engine has the needle bearing cover. I've heard rumors of soft aluminum in the top ends, valve "cassettes", and 1 year warranty on the top ends from Whizzer Paul.
Does anyone have personal, hands-on experience with the current offering from Taiwan?

Skeezer

Attachments

• zwhizz.jpg
    zwhizz.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 157
That sounds like old info from Joe
Your not gonna get the needle bearing HK2012 in the RH side cover It will be the 6904 open bearing The 6904 is better.
Ask Paul which bearing will be in the RH side cover. Ask Paul about the valve seats if their pressed or a cassette.
I've never used the Cruzzer cyl So I can't say if their good or bad. But I have used the Cruzzer bottom end and it is very good.

If your cam gear rubs on the crank your gonna have to shim the crank end play. This can happen to Whizzer and Cruzzer engines.
It might happen within the first 100 miles or after 7,000 miles but it will happen. Not under warranty
The cure is to set the crankshaft end play I've talked about it before and show how to do that.
Taiwan ain't the best with Quality control so I urge you to read this

Back