A hello and a dumb question or two.

Richard Holland

Local time
4:13 AM
Hi all! I bought my first Whizzer for my 45th birthday because while my wife is a wonderful woman she has two flaws 1) has irrational disdain for motorcycles and 2) does not buy dumb toys for boys style gifts so if I want something silly I need to make it happen. Very sensible and pragmatic woman, God bless her, if not for her as my 9 year old put it "if mom wasn't around we'd have lots of great toys but we'd be living in a tent". True enough.

I bought a 1999 Whizzer with a WC1 that someone purchased new (I have the receipt with all the extras added somewhere), adding lots of chrome odds and ends, and then unexpectedly died of something before using it. His estate was purchased by a guy who wanted his other bikes and the Whizzer seemingly sat for 15 years. So I bought it with 60 miles on it (if the story and odometer are to believed) although while basically new it has not been without some effort. IN those 60 miles the last owner managed to screw up the exhaust manifold and pipe which was held on with something in the bondo family and do a few odd things with the electronics, I have yet to tackle the lack of turn signals. While based on speculation it feels like someone disassembled and reassembled and didn't get it entirely right.

So while my wife is anti-motorcycle she is occasionally indulgent. Somehow I managed to get this into our lives without needing a divorce lawyer or rapid "sorry sorry, I never planned to keep it I bought it to resell it" act. Ironic in that the Whizzer is wildly more dangerous than the motorcycles I've used in the past, particularly in that mine has brakes that are a work in progress. Excited to find this forum and plan to read and learn. It is all vey exciting!

So my dumb questions (and I apologize as I have actually looked around a bit first, these have all been answered elsewhere but am hoping for a 2017 relevant response).

1) I tried to order parts and a service manual from http://whizzermotorbike.catalog.com and nothing ever came of it, I received an auto-generate receipt, but no product. I tried to contact them to no avail and went to find the charge on the appropriate bill to contest it, only to find it hadn't been processed either. I assume that is a ghost website. Is there a good place to buy parts and the service manual? I troll eBay but that is hit-and-miss. I am unsure if cruzzer parts fit the WC1 and would love to find a vendor who I could email and ask "should I order this carborator or this article one." With the SM I'd settle for a paid Ebook version if it exists somewhere online.

2) I have seen lots of commentary on how the WC1 motor stinks. I have seen several people offer to rebuild/replace/sell kits/do wonderful things, I would like that, who is the go-to person or persons for this these days?

3) Lastly, less a question than a comment, I recently saw, fell in love with, and lost out on a replica of a 1910 Indian Board Racer on eBay. I loved the look of its engine and drive. This has made me want to build a bike. While I have some welding experience, my mechanical engineering know how leaves much to be desired. I am excited to dig in to the back catalog of posts here to learn about the how-to of some of the stunning bikes I have already seen here in my limited browsing. You all amaze the heck out of me, I am happily jealous. I wish I could go back in time and study mechanical engineering!!

Nice to meet you all, I will try and post a picture of my Whizzer when I can connect the devices with the pictures and the devices with the message sending.

Best,

Richard

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 278
Nice Whizzer!
Lots of Accessories!!!
I'd put in fresh gas and 40wt oil that has zinc in it, and ride the heck out of it until something comes up that needs repairing.

You can go on EBay, Whizzer USA Motorbike is selling the stuff your looking for. You can asks your questions with her there too, while you're buying the Manuel .

Ray

Back