Reinforced frame idea.

Hey Frank, why not get another tube same size and thickness and weld it offset in the same place of your angle iron? Do you have a welding shop near you?

Hey Frank, why not get another tube same size and thickness and weld it offset in the same place of your angle iron? Do you have a welding shop near you?
Well for starters that means the load is sitting on the side of a thin tube being held by some simple welds, that wouldn't stop it from bending out. The welding shop is a good idea if I couldn't weld stick and didn't recently start mig welds and didn't know somebody who do it for me in their back yard.

I scrapped the idea and frame, doing something different, at least I will once I have time to do anything anymore.

Well for starters that means the load is sitting on the side of a thin tube being held by some simple welds, that wouldn't stop it from bending out. The welding shop is a good idea if I couldn't weld stick and didn't recently start mig welds and didn't know somebody who do it for me in their back yard.

I scrapped the idea and frame, doing something different, at least I will once I have time to do anything anymore.

Oh okay

I already stuffed a short piece of pipe in it, my concern is the 3rd clamp on each side will create a place for the tube to slowly collapse against with vibration. My other thoughts crossed fiberglass though I really don't like playing with the stuff, I know it would be strong enough though I personally like the idea of being able to drill and tap and drop helicoil in with some extreme strength behind it, and can tighten a bolt down without it bending the steel.

The pipes are basically crimped in place now with the bolts torqued down, taking them out isn't going to happen anymore, the first one I torqued that was too short a gap (oops) wouldn't come out, I had to slice the steel tube open after I removed the portion from the bike.

I like jb weld for what it does, in every application I've used it with proper preparation it just hasn't failed, it seems like a reasonable option, if a good part of the tube volume is steel rods then it shouldn't take a crap load. I don't really mind weight, I seem to do well enough with what I'm using and if I put some on the bike I can loose some on myself to make up for it. I really kind of wanted to make this a slower bike anyway and keep maybe 35 max for what it will do, I can build a lightweight toy bike anytime I please, there's a frame hanging in the basement waiting for its day, I just don't have any particular reason to at this time.

Maybe aluminum rods? Spoke metal isn't always the easiest stuff to cut into, aluminum is light and easy and I can helicoil it if I want rather easily. I can get away with some thicker rods too, it would take a lot of spokes to fill it up.. I don't know what do you think?
hi frankenstein, are you the guy on reddit that was going to fill his worn out tube with superglue and baking soda?

I had a friend that had a deflated inner tube, he put some slime, a bit of vinegar, baking soda, sealed it up, and the baking soda and vinegar basically reacted, and made hydrogen and CO2 and inflated his inner tube.. HE DID THIS ON A 17HP MOTORCYCLE what a madman he is

Back