Cushy for Tushy :: Bike Seat Discussion

T

Timcycle

What bicycle seats are recommended. I need a larger spring seat.

I was at Walmart and they sell one from BELL.
But I looked it up on the internet and the reviews were very bad.

What have you found to be an excellet cost effective seat,
larger and with spring/shocks?

spunout

I Google'd "bicycle seat-reviews" and got 1,300,000 hits. i found a Bell here: http://www.amazon.com/Bell-GelTech-Ultimate-Comfort-Bicycle/dp/B000667LV4 for 20bux, and is rated 4 out of 5 stars, from the 9 people that rated it.
I am using a similar Bell, and after a year of daily abuse the material is finally starting to shred. But the springs are intact, and my caboose doesnt go numb even after a 30+ mile cruise.
Happy :mrgreen:

bamabikeguy

21_thanksgiving_027_3.jpg

Left to right- seat from Wal Mart Avalon, 10" Cloud Nine gel ($35) which is standard Sun Cruiser seat, (2) 12" gels with faux leather (preferred) or cloth.

My bike dealer will swap for the 12" upon installation for $10 extra.

I use a 12".

The shock absorber seat post ran me about $18.

M

MotorbikeMike

Seats I've known

HI all I use the Velo Web-Spring in black or in flames, and the 3-wheel saddle that I have sold many of. Here is a pic of the size differential
318_Saddles_1.jpg

Now I use a better padded version of the largest saddle there on almost everything, as you will see here.
318_08_Muffler_1.jpg

The large one I sell for 35.00 and it is a steel deck, and the springs do work for me.

Mike

T

Timcycle

Thanks all

Thanks all.

I like those shock posts for the seat.

Do they really work very well?

G

gone_fishin

so long as there's not too much angle to your seattube, yes they work very well. i've had the adjustable type that come stock on specialized brand & i was very impressed. maybe all are adjustable, dunno, but it sure did the trick.

azbill

I use a suspension seatpost on my mountain bike
2nd mtn bike I've built...swear by them, they help a lot in combo with a sprung seat
quite a while back, I recommended one to somebody, and he pm'ed me about how much nicer it was
unless you are a very heavy person, the 20$ ones will do you fine
the ones I've seen all had adjustability

J

JE

I use a cloud Nine seat when I ride my bike on long distance rides and switch over to a schwinn road bike seat when I display my bike at car shows.
1707_IMG_0721_1.jpg

1707_IMG_0722_1.jpg

L

Large Filipino

I got the bell seat which overall does a good job but after riding even 20 miles,you understand why mopeds have those humongus seats. It's simply not a bicycle anymore. One day I'll build a seat out of 2x4 and pad it up,extending to my bike rack.
What's cool about my bell seat though is when my bum get's numb,after a long ride I get pins and needles.....there.....and.....I like it. :D