Dayton,Ohio, Whizzer Rider

Don Brown

Local time
5:08 AM
Hello All,
I'm new to this site , however I have been riding my Whizzer for 8 years. I am retired and also ride bicycles a lot. I had my Whizzer about 2 wks. with 80 mi. on speedo. when the rear brake crapped out. I found a Bendix Brake at Portland Ind. VMBC Bike show. I laced it in myself and it has worked OK. I now have 800 mi. on the Bike. I wish I had found this site sooner.
Don

Ohio Whizzer

Hi Don,

I'm from Vandalia, Ohio just a few miles north of Dayton. I have collected an H model Whizzer engine, and an old Columbia bike. I'll be working on getting a vintage Whizzer bike going in the next few months.

I once owned a Pacemaker with a J engine about 50 years ago. I'm excited to get started on the project.

Hey Traveler,

I too had a H model Whizzer on a Schwinn Auto-cycle many-many years ago. However due to the high cost of buying a restored Whiz or buying up the parts and building one as you are doing . I bought a 2000 "Tiawan" "fake" Whizzer new in a box . Bad Idea!! But it still runs OK and it looks and sounds like a Whizzer so it will have to do. I also have 2 Honda's a 50cc and a 175 cc. to ride. I have ridden 1100 miles on the Whiz now. And about the same on the Honda's.

It sounds like you have a good start with a (H model Whiz and a Columbia Bike) so get busy and finish it. You will find lot's of advice here and also part's if you need some.

Back