Dirt world?

JosephGarcia said:
But think of the chain tension from the engine to the wheel, unless maybe you have a spring loaded tensioner that could keep the chain well tensioned as the suspension moves. Maybe something along the lines of the tensioners for rear derailers, but for the engine chain.

good point.

rear suspension is really unnecessary, go front susp and just get a susp seat.... I mean, you not moto-xing it are you?

Chopper said:
rear suspension is really unnecessary, go front susp and just get a susp seat.... I mean, you not moto-xing it are you?

if it's what they want, offer suggestions for how to get it to work, I wouldn't go around telling them it's not possible or unnecessary. Are these engines we put on bicycles really "necessary"? no, but it's fun and each bike is different. This guy wants a offroad bike with rear suspension, so let's put our heads together to get it done. :D

I thought I was offering a solution, maybe it's just my simple nature ;)

I'll wait to be asked next time......

I thought the suspension seat was a pretty decent idea.

It wouldn't have the "off road" creds of a full suspension,
but then it also doesn't have the associated liabilities, such as
the need to develop a method of springloading the tensioner.

FWIW, I have been considering adding a suspension seat
to my motorized Huffy beachcruiser, as it's quite the bone
shaker down the city streets!

If you happen upon a Cane Creek Thudbuster for cheap, you just might want to buy it.
They come with three sets of elastomers that can be mixed or matched and the pre-load set.
They can really be dialed in.

1633_thudbuster_1.jpg

Standard Issue said:
I thought the suspension seat was a pretty decent idea.

It wouldn't have the "off road" creds of a full suspension,
but then it also doesn't have the associated liabilities, such as
the need to develop a method of springloading the tensioner.

FWIW, I have been considering adding a suspension seat
to my motorized Huffy beachcruiser, as it's quite the bone
shaker down the city streets!

Suspension seats really are amazing, I can't believe I didnt get one sooner. It could replace the rear suspension, it did for me. I got mine for 15 bucks, find one and do it!

I find they develop strange squeaks that won't go away with any kind of lubricant, though.

Back