Do You Enjoy Watching Ride Videos?

yuckfoo

Local time
12:17 AM
Do You Enjoy Watching Ride Videos?

Please let me know what you like most about ride videos either generally or specifically. Who makes the best ride videos and what do you like about them? What do you find boring in a ride video? Do you like multiple cameras? ...single camera.... group rides? Does it matter where the location or the destination is? Does the scenery matter?

No need to answer all these questions, just give me your thoughts on what makes ride videos enjoyable for you.

Thanks!

I enjoy them if a pre ride walk around and explanation of the bike is done. Also If there's a clear view of the area you're riding in. Most want to see scenery not handlebars or the ground.

Last of all I enjoy seeing all traffic laws being obeyed. I will say I liked your videos so far.

Mobile cams are better than fixed; though a fixed rear would be a nice add in. Multiple cams and multiple riders with cams will make the best videos. Of course that means using a good video editor.

I enjoy them if a pre ride walk around and explanation of the bike is done. Also If there's a clear view of the area you're riding in. Most want to see scenery not handlebars or the ground.

Last of all I enjoy seeing all traffic laws being obeyed. I will say I liked your videos so far.

Mobile cams are better than fixed; though a fixed rear would be a nice add in. Multiple cams and multiple riders with cams will make the best videos. Of course that means using a good video editor.
I agree, except the handlebar thing. Unless I'm not following you correctly. Handlebars are imperative to a ride video or at least some part of the bike is needed. If you've ever seen video with a camera mounted on the handlebars so that you can't see any of the bike at all, it's very weird. It's to disjointed to watch such a video without context. But perhaps you mean a view that shows handlebars and not much of the road.(?)

Sometimes in my "I need help tuning" videos, I'd aim the camera down, but that is just so that people can better hear the engine.

I'm trying out a new camera position for my first ride video in my new series. It's the camera on the bars but aimed at my head. Obviously no one wants to watch my face for an entire ride, but with superview turned on you should be able to see the landscape behind me. I'll probably just cut this into one or two scenes.

I'll be doing my reveal/walk around video soon. Been putting it off waiting for my tune to reach perfection, but I fear that's going to be an ongoing struggle.

Thanks for input!

While we're talking bout reveal videos, what do you like in one of those? One of my favorites is the Moto-Dolo. The guy has music, no voiceover, and text on the screen explaining the bits and pieces. I may just do a whole lot of video at my favorite local "garage door" scene (I've used it for several pictures of my bike) and do the voice over at home. Or more likely, I'll do a voiceover on location then maybe redo it at home with some edited text.

I agree, except the handlebar thing. Unless I'm not following you correctly. Handlebars are imperative to a ride video or at least some part of the bike is needed. If you've ever seen video with a camera mounted on the handlebars so that you can't see any of the bike at all, it's very weird. It's to disjointed to watch such a video without context. But perhaps you mean a view that shows handlebars and not much of the road.(?)

Sometimes in my "I need help tuning" videos, I'd aim the camera down, but that is just so that people can better hear the engine.

I'm trying out a new camera position for my first ride video in my new series. It's the camera on the bars but aimed at my head. Obviously no one wants to watch my face for an entire ride, but with superview turned on you should be able to see the landscape behind me. I'll probably just cut this into one or two scenes.

I'll be doing my reveal/walk around video soon. Been putting it off waiting for my tune to reach perfection, but I fear that's going to be an ongoing struggle.

Thanks for input!

The best forward position is a helmet or glasses mount; then you're seeing what the rider sees. Such as speedometer side views and the like. However one must be aware to control their head movements so that the filming isn't jerky.

As for a fixed forward mount the best place is the handlebars. A body cam mount just angles the cam down too much. This is why the pre ride walk around is so important. It leaves an image in the viewers mind of what the bike looks like. Which makes a riding view of the handlebars less necessary. A sacrifice if you must use a fixed forward mount.

The best forward position is a helmet or glasses mount; then you're seeing what the rider sees. Such as speedometer side views and the like. However one must be aware to control their head movements so that the filming isn't jerky.

As for a fixed forward mount the best place is the handlebars. A body cam mount just angles the cam down too much. This is why the pre ride walk around is so important. It leaves an image in the viewers mind of what the bike looks like. Which makes a riding view of the handlebars less necessary. A sacrifice if you must use a fixed forward mount.
Oh I see what mean. Not a walk around explanation of the bike, but a chance for the viewers to see what they are ride-sharing on. Nice tip. Thanks!

I saw a video awhile back I can't find again. He had a selfie stick that he changed camera angles by moving is arm from front, side, back. Not very safe, don't recommend it but there were different angles I haven't seen in mb rides before.

The side view where you can see the engine and pipe was unique and my favorite so far. Especially when its low to the ground and facing forward as well. Just looks badass.

While we're talking bout reveal videos, what do you like in one of those? One of my favorites is the Moto-Dolo. The guy has music, no voiceover, and text on the screen explaining the bits and pieces. I may just do a whole lot of video at my favorite local "garage door" scene (I've used it for several pictures of my bike) and do the voice over at home. Or more likely, I'll do a voiceover on location then maybe redo it at home with some edited text.

Would have liked to seen a more stable speedometer view. My biggest complaint was that he rolled through a STOP sign at the beginning. Overall though a good video and certainly on the right track.

Would have liked to seen a more stable speedometer view. My biggest complaint was that he rolled through a STOP sign at the beginning. Overall though a good video and certainly on the right track.
In the past when I've criticized STOP sign roll/blow throughs; rider would become defensive. Stating they didn't see the need to stop when it was apparently clear there wasn't any on coming traffic.

I would tell them that's all well and good if they were the only person seeing it happen. However, since they choose to film and post it. Many people are seeing them having a blatant disregard for traffic laws.

Poor cycling habits being transferred over into the MB world then filming/posting it gives the haters ammunition to get our bikes banned from the public roadways.

I prefer the head/helmet mount for the best view, I really don't like editing LOL so tend to have very long videos that can get boring after the initial interest fades LOL but a good quality cam is a must, and as was said above a good viewing area not right in front of the bike or the bars and ground. I have this video riding on the trails to the Welland Canal, soggy single track with some greasy ruts nothing very exciting and my son whom is more of a track and hard pack rider was struggling with a small bike/small wheels and after spilling out last time we were here was taking no chances of falling in the mud LOL, I know it's not our motorized bikes but still a ride video!

Back