Does anyone have personal experience with Wildfire Bicycles?

the original saddle isn't comfortable.
i put a gel saddle on mine.
the 2009 has 80cc motor,chrome fenders,
whitewall tires speedo, squeeze ball horn,
bigger mirror . thats what i remember.

Hmmm, not sure what the ones on ebay are then, the guy replied and said it does come with the speedo, but it says its only a 49cc engine, but they are being sold by wildfire.

does he show a picture ?
if so can you post a link to
the page ? the guy where i
got my 2008 has the 2009 for
$800.00 .

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'm the one who originally started this post and did wind up getting a WildFire bike. I think I was mainly attracted to the picture; it does look kind of cool. But I will tell this - I would not recommend it. I wound up having to re-build the whole thing, it was not very well put together. If you want something assembled, just get a moped.

Recently I put a 80 cc engine in and replaced the whole kit. I will say the frame itself is good. I replaced tires at the outset with kevlar, tires blew out within a week after receiving it. Had to replace throttle, their switch throttle is no good. Bicycle chain and motor chain tend to work against each other, one or other slips.

All in all, I probably spent several hundred dollars beyond the original price just to fix it right. You'd do better getting a good bicycle then put motor on. I don't think I like gas engines - next time around I'm going electric! (Waiting for Lithium Ion batteries to come down in price.)

Hmmm,

Well thats not such good news about the wildfires.

I have looked at several electrics, but they all are very slow & heavier

john got a lemon

like i say i've riden mine 40 miles nearly everyday,
well five days per week. even in rain .didn't ride it
during snow & ice. had it a year now . lets see thats,
200 miles a week,800 a month lets say for average
of nine months give/take a day-two. thats 7200 miles. all i got to say is this... break it in right ,keep
the maintenaince up... you'll get your money s worth.
it has saved me far more than purchase price in fuel cost alone. 1.5 gallons a week . its just like anything
else,some work out fine .. others don't. i like the idea
of the electric motor . want to get one myself.i like looking @ the green while doing my countryside commute. hope it works for you .. whatever you descide.peace,h.o.

It could be I got a really bad one, because as I say, everything came loose - even engine! I got it for $400 off Ebay. Could be they sell the bad ones real cheap.

Sounds like they started making them better by 2009; maybe they listened to my complaints to them! I will say their customer service was very responsive and they sent me free parts that broke.

Last edited:
I ended up spending a little more & purchasing a MetroRider Moped http://metroriderusa.com/basic/

Ordered it from 1977mopeds, $900 shipped to my door, Didn't really want to spend that much, but i think I'll be happier with it then the Wildfire.

Perhaps i'll do a real bike as a project when i have some more spare cash.

Hopefully i still qualify to stick around here :)

Thanks for your help guys.

john, mine is a 2008 model.maybe you should have
maintaned yours better. i have six friends whom own
the wildfire .we all bought them @ the same time..
all still run good. we all had the tensioner problem.
one guy had his engine bracket come loose.thats when the rest of us took ours loose & put locktite
on the screws. all of us had the exhaust gasket burn out, put the pipe back on w/o a gasket,no problems sense.oh yeah, did i mention i built an intake to put a second carb onto mine ? to shoot NOS into the system.9very smal doses).i will say when the wildfire motor gives up, i'm gonna put an 80cc fourstroke on the frame.

thcrw739, hope you have better luck with the MetroRider then my cousin had with his. he traded it off & got himself a 2009 wildfire.(go figure).
you should have spent your money on building your
own motorized bicycle. . enjoy riding your new moped. hope things work out fine for you.
remember "maintenance"is the secret to success.
enjoy.H.O.

Back