Dont know

Gary nailed it, that bike can fail any minute. Congrats on making it 20 miles and not getting stuck, but it breaking in 20ft wouldn't have surprised me either. That gear is on the brink of becoming two half-gears, which will likely take your clutch bevel gear and possibly even ruin the crank with it, turning what is currently an $8 repair into a whole new motor basically (wouldn't be worth rebuilding since crankshaft, clutch, and crank gear will all need replacing at that point and you'd spend almost as much as a new complete bottom end).

I've rode my bike 30+ miles with no screw traveling well above 25mph... What exactly is that screws purpose? Whats it called? The one that screws into the bevel gear.

Gary nailed it, that bike can fail any minute. Congrats on making it 20 miles and not getting stuck, but it breaking in 20ft wouldn't have surprised me either. That gear is on the brink of becoming two half-gears, which will likely take your clutch bevel gear and possibly even ruin the crank with it, turning what is currently an $8 repair into a whole new motor basically (wouldn't be worth rebuilding since crankshaft, clutch, and crank gear will all need replacing at that point and you'd spend almost as much as a new complete bottom end).
I tried my gear puller. The gear puller stripped. I have a spare bevel gear

I've rode my bike 30+ miles with no screw traveling well above 25mph... What exactly is that screws purpose? Whats it called? The one that screws into the bevel gear.
I thought you said it ran perfect and had no issues in 20 mile, and you even dissed Gary saying he's a hater and a low budget mechanic trying to get money cause he said you should replace it?? So what's the problem? You ride it 25mph and 30 miles now? There clearly isn't any problem if it's running! Am I right?? :unsure:

It's a bevel gear bolt and it holds the bevel gear on. Right now it's just the taper holding it. You're not gonna like it when your back wheel locks up.

It’s hard to believe it hasn’t fell off, the key must be wedged somehow. If it does come loose get ready for a bumpy ride.

The pics in the begining of post were before 30+ miles. Here 2 pics. After. Dont feel like taking cover off. No wiggle no wobble. Bike runs perfect.
Not sure when crank small gear bolt came out. Busted out cover. I had a similar problem with this when it was on the original bike but that bolt screw , just cracked cover and lodged itself in the gears and my back wheel did locked up.
And I've never replaced the clutch pads. Engine has around 5,400 miles on it.

Attachments

• 20190826_170609.jpg
    20190826_170609.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 20190826_170622.jpg
    20190826_170622.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 20190826_170739.jpg
    20190826_170739.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 104
It almost looks like the bolt is broken off in the crank. It's hard to tell in the pic, if it's broken off you'll need to get the broken part out first. It will eventually come off if you keep riding it. When using the puller to remove it, first thing is to clean the threads and get all the old loctite and crap out of the threads so that the puller threads into the bevel gear all the way. Heating the bevel gear with a propane torch also helps loosen up any loctite that maybe holding it on. Once you get it off you may find that the key way is now bent or twisted and the crankshaft damaged under the bevel gear. With 5400 miles your money might be better spent on a whole new engine. You can only polish a turd so many times before you should just give it a flush.

Back