E-start BT80 minarelli

FelekSta

Local time
12:48 PM
I'm planning to turn electric start BT80 to minarelli hybrid, but I heard that people had problems with clutch slipping, any ideas how could I upgrade centrifugal clutch? and any other concerns I should watch out for?

I have also thought of converting my bt80 to a minarelli. I don't know if the clutch would hold up because I have heard of them slipping with stock power (mine hasn't slipped yet) i was considering the possibility of coverting mine to a manual clutch, but that would require alot of work

From what I've read on here and seen on youtube, the electric start bt80 runs real well out of the box. At the high end of performance on these kits so many of the components have to be custom and heavy duty it seems easier to start with a small motorcycle engine. Mod for crazy power then the clutch gives up, mod the clutch then the wheels give up, custom wheels then the frame gives up.

Are you looking for more torque and low end oompf or a higher top speed? What exactly are you wanting out of the build? On or off road? If on road, a track ripper or a drag racer or just a plain commuter? If off road do you want a trail bike or more dirt road motocross type riding?

From what I've read on here and seen on youtube, the electric start bt80 runs real well out of the box. At the high end of performance on these kits so many of the components have to be custom and heavy duty it seems easier to start with a small motorcycle engine. Mod for crazy power then the clutch gives up, mod the clutch then the wheels give up, custom wheels then the frame gives up.

Are you looking for more torque and low end oompf or a higher top speed? What exactly are you wanting out of the build? On or off road? If on road, a track ripper or a drag racer or just a plain commuter? If off road do you want a trail bike or more dirt road motocross type riding?
Looking for high speed offroad (forest) bike, to be more exact random forests found in Sweden, i will be using felt faker style frame with wheels I will build (2-3 walled rim, 12-10g spokes), it will also get good fork for 100-300$, suntour sus seatpost, pit bike caliper on front, balanced crank (yes I know that I will need to do it myself) etc. Basically I want to make it because no one else did. I got lot of free time but less equipment.

I have also thought of converting my bt80 to a minarelli. I don't know if the clutch would hold up because I have heard of them slipping with stock power (mine hasn't slipped yet) i was considering the possibility of coverting mine to a manual clutch, but that would require alot of work
Kk if you got any ideas I got my ears open😁

I just like building stupid s**t that doesn't really make sense. Here's example of my other project that is stock except of intake, fuel line/filter and expansion chamber (pic taken before finishing):

Attachments

• IMG_20231008_150042.jpg
    IMG_20231008_150042.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 47
Kk if you got any ideas I got my ears open😁
Since the bt80 does have a chainsaw port designed you could likely do a saw hybrid easier, but again the clutch is the weak link and there isn't really an option to do away with it.
I just like building stupid s**t that doesn't really make sense. Here's example of my other project that is stock except of intake, fuel line/filter and expansion chamber (pic taken before finishing):
That's a good looking build

I think you should start with a taller gearing before engine mods. Most of the time that solve people's problem, don't need to rev at 12k if you gear it to run at 7000 rpm at 60kmh. If you ride at a slower pace but want more torque, putting a larger sprocket on will solve your problems before ever touching the ports.

Usually people run a 44t on a 26 inc wheel. I think a 36 tooth sprocket would do what you want. Assuming you have enough power to fight the air you'll be going a little above 60kmh at 7000 rpm. Do I advise this speed? No. Can I stop you? No.

I think you should start with a taller gearing before engine mods. Most of the time that solve people's problem, don't need to rev at 12k if you gear it to run at 7000 rpm at 60kmh. If you ride at a slower pace but want more torque, putting a larger sprocket on will solve your problems before ever touching the ports.

Usually people run a 44t on a 26 inc wheel. I think a 36 tooth sprocket would do what you want. Assuming you have enough power to fight the air you'll be going a little above 60kmh at 7000 rpm. Do I advise this speed? No. Can I stop you? No.
Well I'm looking for something like 75kmh, I will change sprocket for 40th because I also want some torque, and as I said before I want it to do it because no one else did

Since the bt80 does have a chainsaw port designed you could likely do a saw hybrid easier, but again the clutch is the weak link and there isn't really an option to do away with it.

That's a good looking build
Well that would be a problem because I wanted to get rmh performance pipe because it works great and looks amazing

Back