Engine cylinder stud stuck, californiamotorbikes kit

TestyAnt

Local time
12:41 PM
I bought a california motorbikes kit, killswitch wire came cut off, but I don't really care. Case threads were a little messed up, I fixed them sort of. The studs bent when installing, with 2 nuts. One is stuck in there, and I can't get it out. How do I go about getting it out?

Awe, that's too bad right out of the box and ya got a problem :(
I can see the kill switch wire can be spliced, So that's no big deal.

All's I can think of why you thought the threads were messed up, is because the wrong studs were sent to you in the kit with the wrong thread pitch. You didn't know better and crammed the studs in the hole and now their stuck.
It's really not your fault. Call the place where ya bought the kit and explain to them that they gave you the wrong studs with the wrong thread pitch and now you have ruined your motor. They might send ya new motor (y) They should, where did ya buy the kit?

Or did ya try to re tap the threads and made em crooked? What did you mean you "sorta fixed the threads"?

Awe, that's too bad right out of the box and ya got a problem :(
I can see the kill switch wire can be spliced, So that's no big deal.

All's I can think of why you thought the threads were messed up, is because the wrong studs were sent to you in the kit with the wrong thread pitch. You didn't know better and crammed the studs in the hole and now their stuck.
It's really not your fault. Call the place where ya bought the kit and explain to them that they gave you the wrong studs with the wrong thread pitch and now you have ruined your motor. They might send ya new motor (y) They should, where did ya buy the kit?

Or did ya try to re tap the threads and made em crooked? What did you mean you "sorta fixed the threads"?
I can show you if I can get the stud out, they are the correct studs. The threading had like extra pieces sticking out, that were loose, it was weird, don't know how to explain it. I just need to get the stud out so I can buy new ones

Vise grip pliers on the stud to reverse, got to get it on there tight. Or use the two nuts again, but reversing you'll have to keep a wrench on the upper nut until the bottom one starts to turn the the stud.

Vise grip pliers on the stud to reverse, got to get it on there tight. Or use the two nuts again, but reversing you'll have to keep a wrench on the upper nut until the bottom one starts to turn the the stud.
Vice grips just slip, stupid nuts I was using wont thread on for some reason, lol. I might be screwed

Are the nuts fine threads ? From your pic it looks like the stud is coarse thread.

Vice grips just slip, stupid nuts I was using wont thread on for some reason, lol. I might be screwed
Yup, you're screwed (pun intended) If you have an old school drill, or hammer drill that has a chuck key, you should be able to tighten the chuck enough to back out the stud. Too late to worry about the threads now, just get it out.

I got it off! I forced the stupid nuts on there, tightened them extremely hard, then loosened and the stud came out. Take my experience as a warning, don't buy from californiamotorbikes right now. They were really good last year, and went to s**t recently. Possible due to the coronavirus?

Back