Engine Question

The bolts should be even and tight but not too tight. If you want to save money then sure go for the rag joint but I threw mine away when I got my first kit. It was too frustrating to me.

bolts end up tight as you can get them without snapping them - all alignment happens before you get them tight - when done, the two rubber rings should bulge up where they meet by at least an eighth inch or more

I probably did more than a dozen before it got easy to do.

Another question, is it easy to port an engine? I have a dremel.
Do you have any experiance in porting?I kinda think there's alot to understand to get optimal gains,so it takes that knowlage,practice and then experiance to do them proper.So it's easier for those that meet that criteria but not so much at first as with any skilled work you gotta start some where.Many here have done their first work with guidence from member post's and active threads,these pages contain alot of really good info search and research try it and if you have question's ask away!

Another question, is it easy to port an engine? I have a dremel.

this brings up the question of whether you want to be a hobbyist, or if you need transportation - for transportation, leave it alone - to be a hobbyist, get lots of spare parts before you start

Back