Two Stroke Initial Pre-Mix Question

I broke in my pexmore 80cc with vp full synthetic at 32:1 and now running 40:1 no problem strong little engine for stock.

I broke in my pexmore 80cc with vp full synthetic at 32:1 and now running 40:1 no problem strong little engine for stock.
I DO see that in your statement that you have taken a run of the mill 80cc motor and did NOT break it in according to most instructions readily found that tell you straight out to NEVER use synthetic oil for breakin but to use CONVENTIONAL 2 stroke oil ONLY, and the breakin ratio is supposed to be anywhere between 20:1 to 25:1.

Thereafter, when breakin is over. your supposed to then use no less oil than a 32:1 ratio and only then is when full synthetic oil may be used.

Good luck to you and any longevity that you may, or may not get from your motor at this point.

I DO see that in your statement that you have taken a run of the mill 80cc motor and did NOT break it in according to most instructions readily found that tell you straight out to NEVER use synthetic oil for breakin but to use CONVENTIONAL 2 stroke oil ONLY, and the breakin ratio is supposed to be anywhere between 20:1 to 25:1.

Thereafter, when breakin is over. your supposed to then use no less oil than a 32:1 ratio and only then is when full synthetic oil may be used.

Good luck to you and any longevity that you may, or may not get from your motor at this point.
Thanks for the input. Time will tell.

You did just fine in what you did.these people that post against what you did are Not Excerpts, believe me. There
Is NO proof as to you can not break in any engine in on synthetic oil. Yes I like breaking in my engines on heavier
Ratio but that’s just me.

Fly

You did just fine in what you did.these people that post against what you did are Not Excerpts, believe me. There
Is NO proof as to you can not break in any engine in on synthetic oil. Yes I like breaking in my engines on heavier
Ratio but that’s just me.

Fly
Yep I did a little research first, thanks

these people that post against what you did are Not Excerpts
First off, I believe you meant to spell EXPERTS, not excerpts...lol.

Second of all, I worked for Valvoline, Ashland Oil Corporation, for over 21 years.

Third of all, I am a retired ASE certified master mechanic also of over 20 years standing.

I AM an expert...Now show me your qualifications that counter my expertise in this matter, or you can just wander along your merry little way.

My question to those that want to run less oil mix is ( WHY) ? What is it you have to gain? Oil does
Three things, of coarse it lubricates , it also cools, & cleans. The biggest killer for air cooled 2 stoke
engines is HEAT. Synthetics are great but even though many of them have a higher flash point, it is
not enough to make up for not enough oil. Just stick to the engine manufacturer recommended ratings.
A little more won,t hurt especially in hot climates.
On one hand you previously argued in favour of more oil and following manufacturers advice. and then you tell @shivdog he is doing just fine disregarding that advice...You can't have it both ways, unless of course your only doing this contradiction just to start a pissing contest with me which almost always results in a person being banned.

(Excessive oil actually increases heat because viscosity is higher & it make engine run hotter.) I addressed that in my
Early post. You need to richen the mixture a tad. I do not know why I posted here on this thread, when it falls on deaf
ears. That is why I quit posting on these oil mix threads. All my years it never changes, people love to argue n this
Subject, it never changes. I welcome a intelligent discussion, but I refuse to argue, for it serves no purpose. I,m
done with this topic. Do what you THINK is right it,s your engine. I just hope the ones that truly wanted good sound
Info can sift threw the BS . Have a nice day, I have more productive things to do with my time than read this thread.

🪰 Fly
Two cycle oils are NOT multi-viscosity oils. The longer and hotter these Chinesium motors are running, the thinner the oil is getting.

Indeed, I also wonder why you posted yet again as well when you think we are all deaf...lol.

Not yet you haven't...lol...Once again you HAVE posted yet again on these oil mix threads...lol.

And on this last part in blue, you showed your NOT done with this topic nor do you have more productive things to do with your time than read this thread to quote your own wording once again...lol.

First off, I believe you meant to spell EXPERTS, not excerpts...lol.

Second of all, I worked for Valvoline, Ashland Oil Corporation, for over 21 years.

Third of all, I am a retired ASE certified master mechanic also of over 20 years standing.

I AM an expert...Now show me your qualifications that counter my expertise in this matter, or you can just wander along your merry little way.
Not doubting your knowledge or understanding just decided to do something that some others have and I have had no issues as I see it it's only a top end easily replaced. But I appreciate all u do and have learned a lot from u as I'm new to this hobby and greatly enjoy it.

Not doubting your knowledge or understanding just decided to do something that some others have and I have had no issues as I see it it's only a top end easily replaced. But I appreciate all u do and have learned a lot from u as I'm new to this hobby and greatly enjoy it.
No worries, these little engines are cheap. I've blown up a couple, just tossed it out and grab another off the shelf. You just never know until you try, right? But, school kids and poor people have to be careful with their money, might even mean not getting to work or school for a few of them. That's why we recommend proper ratios to keep them on the road longer.

No worries, these little engines are cheap. I've blown up a couple, just tossed it out and grab another off the shelf. You just never know until you try, right? But, school kids and poor people have to be careful with their money, might even mean not getting to work or school for a few of them. That's why we recommend proper ratios to keep them on the road longer.
Understood, thanks

Back