OK, Let's Get Crazy About 2 Stroke Racing Oils

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
My first car was $850 in 1999. Ran and drove that big old tank of a Buick for 3 years until the pump on the transmission took itself out. That story is pure laughs for another day 😅
My first car was a 68 Mercury Rideau, (Canadian market only car). It was given to me by a friend, it was taking up too many parking spaces.

1704553872486.png

My first car was $850 in 1999. Ran and drove that big old tank of a Buick for 3 years until the pump on the transmission took itself out. That story is pure laughs for another day 😅

I replaced it with a $550 1987 Honda Prelude that I drove for another 2 years until I got tired of it. 6ft 6 me (at that time) fit, but barely.

Hell, I bought a 1981 E150 6cyl 4 speed manual van in 2007 for $200 that needed a front right caliper rebuild and a battery. It ran and drove. I mainly used it as a storage locker and means to drive to the store when I was a trucker.

I miss being able to pick up an old car like that for a couple hundred.
My dad recently bought an 04 Dodge Durango for 600 bucks and it ran and drove, it is just ugly as sin and needed a fuel pump. I absolutely hate that car. They look horrible, thwy are unbelievably uncomfortable, and they are a PITA to work on. It's easier to replace the fuel pump than the starter. My aunt also has one of the same year that I would work on for her. I also drove that thing to Kentucky when I helped her move. It was very uncomfortable.

I replaced it with a $550 1987 Honda Prelude that I drove for another 2 years until I got tired of it. 6ft 6 me (at that time) fit, but barely.

Hell, I bought a 1981 E150 6cyl 4 speed manual van in 2007 for $200 that needed a front right caliper rebuild and a battery. It ran and drove. I mainly used it as a storage locker and means to drive to the store when I was a trucker.

I miss being able to pick up an old car like that for a couple hundred.
Oh you can find them, but it's getting difficult. My best find was 10 years ago, 1977 Malibu $250 nothing wrong with it other than poop brown paint and chicken wire grille.

I've had several sub-$2000 clunkers, like a $1200 93DeVille with no heat (while living in Chicagoland) and a $1600 87 Town car- lost the brakes once. Loved that car but then gave it to my dad and immediately killed it.

After the pandemic, prices of used vehicles hasn't gone down much.

Oh you can find them, but it's getting difficult. My best find was 10 years ago, 1977 Malibu $250 nothing wrong with it other than poop brown paint and chicken wire grille.

I've had several sub-$2000 clunkers, like a $1200 93DeVille with no heat (while living in Chicagoland) and a $1600 87 Town car- lost the brakes once. Loved that car but then gave it to my dad and immediately killed it.

After the pandemic, prices of used vehicles hasn't gone down much.
I find the best deals on just about anything isn't Craigslist or marketplace, but word of mouth.

I.ve been the last owner of many a car.

We had a strong British auto influence here as well as French and Italian cars. There were lots of these available for a song, $100 or so.

Most came from Victoria which has a very mild climate so they were in great shape. Guys would buy a couple, fill them with beer, take them to the country and run the daylights out of them.
Was fun of course but silly to wreck them. Most didn't make it through the weekend.

Ah, reminiscing my rowdy youth.

I.ve been the last owner of many a car.

We had a strong British auto influence here as well as French and Italian cars. There were lots of these available for a song, $100 or so.

Most came from Victoria which has a very mild climate so they were in great shape. Guys would buy a couple, fill them with beer, take them to the country and run the daylights out of them.
Was fun of course but silly to wreck them. Most didn't make it through the weekend.

Ah, reminiscing my rowdy youth.
I guess you weren't "sweet, pure, and innocent and a paragon of virtue" like me then...lol...lol.

Ps...Barf bags served only on request after that statement...lol.

Back