Best Racing Two Stroke Oil

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 4613

For those attempting high rpm 2 stroke speeds, seizing may be a problem due to
over heating. Under these conditions, a racing synthetic two stroke oil is a must.
Smaller rc engines operate at very high rpms. The two best synthetic oils used by
rcer's are: Red Line Two-Stroke Racing Oil, and VP Two-Cycle Racing Oil. These
are more expensive than non-synthetics but are designed for high rpm and
high heat, and are normally used at 32:1.

I'll stick with my Amsoil Dominator Synthetic 2 stroke racing oil, especially since we are talking about running motors mounted to bikes that people ride, not models just being operated without the variances of weight and/or road conditions.

Minarelli racing engines are known to have seizing issues so a premium 100% synthetic oil is
necessary for operation at high heat and high rpms. The two suggested oils
can handle rpms far above 10,000. Be aware that some oils that advertise as
synthetic are not 100% synthetic.

Be aware that some oils that advertise as
synthetic are not 100% synthetic.
I am more than well aware of that little "factoid" having actually worked for Valvoline, (Ashland Oil) for many years and I do know the difference between a real full synthetic oil versus what is known as a "cracked hydrongenated process" base oils that are being called full synthetics on the USA market which are really only a semi-synthetic oil in the rest of the worlds markets.

This is found more so in the 4 stroke world of synthetic oils than it is in 2 strokes though.

As a for instance, Mobil One Synthetic is made by the "cracked hydrongenated process" I mentioned here already...Everywhere else in the world where they sell it, it has to be labled as semi-synthetic because it does not meet the legal criteria or definition of a full synthetic oil.

My suggestion refers to the best oils for very high rpm racing for an engines
like the Minarelli that develop over 5 hp. Most full synthetics are good enough
for lower rpm engines like the Zeda and Phantom. That's why I titled this post
as the best "racing" two stroke oil, for engines that are susceptible to seizing
due to overheating. These engines operate in a range that need the optimum
in lubrication.

Most full synthetics are good enough
for lower rpm engines like the Zeda and Phantom.
My Phantom is also 5 to 6 HP right out of the box, Amsoil is the known leader in high quality racing synthetic oils.

Phantoms are also very hot running motors in comparison to most other 2 cycle CG's out there.

Minerelli's are no more special than anything else out there, It's all in what your willing to mod it out to...My P-85 beat out a so-called Minerelli build right here in my town hands down and his bike was stripped down to bare essential weight, not heavy like mine, and I have no mods made to mine like he did to his Minerelli.

So all in all, I really do not know what it is you came here to say today except maybe just trying to show off some sort of supercillious macho form of supremacism that frankly, most of us here on the forums have had more than our fair share of and have had more than our fill of lately.
That's why I titled this post
as the best "racing" two stroke oil, for engines that are susceptible to seizing
in lubrication.

If you just re-read everything you posted here, it will be very apparent, very quickly, that your trying to come off with some sort of superiority complex.

OK, so let's look at this Dominator Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil: Do the specifications
report passing of any tests? No. Makes a lot of claims but no test reports.
Now let's compare it to the Red Line Racing Oil: Here's a direct comparison
between the Amsoil Dominator Oil and the Red Line, showing the Red Line to out
perform the Dominator. The Red Line achieved the best test results against
all competitors, a rating of 9.6 compared to the Amsoil of 8.0. Bicycle engines
reports the stock Phantom to achieve over 3 hp. What does that mean?
California Motorbikes reports its Wildcat Minarelli Ultra to achieve 6 hp.
So what are we to assume? It looks like the Phantom produces about half the
HP than the Minarilli. Out of the box, the Phantom is not a racing engine.

My suggestion refers to the best oils for very high rpm racing for an engines
like the Minarelli that develop over 5 hp. Most full synthetics are good enough
for lower rpm engines like the Zeda and Phantom. That's why I titled this post
in lubrication.
I guess your statement will have to stand as true, no one here to prove or disprove it.

I run Amsoil Dominator in my Athena sport and hyper Minarelli engines.
It must pass the test because I run the crap out of my engines and have never had heat or seizing problems.
My set up is 16” wheels on 10/36 gear.
I’ve run mine above 11k quite a bit.

Back