Two Stroke Oil

Search

Local time
8:04 AM
What brand oil do you guys run? I run Stabil Full Synthetic right now but I was thinking of switching to Lucas 2 stroke racing oil.. Have you guys ever tried it? I don't know much about 2 strokes tbh but in my automotive history, good oil = worth the extra $$... I worked at an auto parts store and was using pennzoil for a few oil changes b/c I was getting it cheap as hell... and all of a sudden there was a slight knock... switched it up to a better oil w/ some lucas, it went away... made a lucas fan out of me for life... hence why I was looking into their 2 stroke oil... but I saw it was semi synthetic and I wanted full synthetic but then I saw the racing oil which is specifically made for dirt bikes

My personal favorite is VP Racing Synthetic. I have never had an oil related failure or other damage using it at the mix ratios recommended by the engine, it's relatively easy to find, and burns very cleanly. Price wise it's pretty average with most of the good synthetics.

GW- IDK why but I want to stay full synthetic... it just seems like it's worth the extra $$ to me

Impulse- I actually had the VP on my list of oils that I may try next... lucas, redline, vp, and royal purple were pretty much the top ones I was researching

What brand oil do you guys run? I run Stabil Full Synthetic right now but I was thinking of switching to Lucas 2 stroke racing oil.. Have you guys ever tried it? I don't know much about 2 strokes tbh but in my automotive history, good oil = worth the extra $$... I worked at an auto parts store and was using pennzoil for a few oil changes b/c I was getting it cheap as hell... and all of a sudden there was a slight knock... switched it up to a better oil w/ some lucas, it went away... made a lucas fan out of me for life... hence why I was looking into their 2 stroke oil... but I saw it was semi synthetic and I wanted full synthetic but then I saw the racing oil which is specifically made for dirt bikes
With the bikes i've built thus far, I always used Valvoline conventional multi-pupose 2 stroke oil for just the break-in period, from there, I have always used Amsoil Dominator full synthetic racing oil.

I also use 1 once per gallon of Amsoil Dominator Octane-Boost with Ethanol-Free gasoline mainly because the only place that has Ethanol-Free here in Alamogordo, NM, only has it in 87 octane rating...One ounce per gallon boosts me to about 91 octane.

Ps...I worked for Valvoline for 20+ years after retiring from police work and would still use a Valvoline full synthetic for my bikes as I did with my cars, if only they made a full synthetic for 2 strokes, they only do semi-synthetic.

When I asked the Valvoline experts why they didn't make a full synthetic for two strokes, they simply said that in their opinion, Amsoil was the best 2 cycle full synthetic on the market and since it was such a small niche in comparison to other vehicles they engineer oil for, they just feel no need to compete with Amsoil over this segment of the market.

Back