Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

The voltage itself will never really tell you if it's 100% good or not. Personally I would have a spare on hand regardless.

Try swapping it, see what happens.
I did today. THE BIKE WORKED! Though it's making a lil lurch every few turns. Something not spinning smooth?

I did today. THE BIKE WORKED! Though it's making a lil lurch every few turns. Something not spinning smooth?
Hard to say. Take a video.

Ride it without the engine running and the clutch pulled in an you'll know if there's an issue from the clutch to the rear wheel. Pull the plug and walk the bike around with the clutch NOT pulled in and you'll have a pretty good idea if there's something weird going on somewhere.

If it's lurching usually it's misfiring then firing again at low speeds. How long did you run it for? Mine will 'lurch' for a short distance before it warms up enough.

Hard to say. Take a video.

Ride it without the engine running and the clutch pulled in an you'll know if there's an issue from the clutch to the rear wheel. Pull the plug and walk the bike around with the clutch NOT pulled in and you'll have a pretty good idea if there's something weird going on somewhere.

If it's lurching usually it's misfiring then firing again at low speeds. How long did you run it for? Mine will 'lurch' for a short distance before it warms up enough.
I ran it along my street for about 10 minutes. You think that's enough?

Chains tight though.
If the chain is too tight, it can lurch...to find this out, just revolve your rear wheel slowly until you find where your chain is loose and then continue to rotate wheel to where it is really tight again...I will be betting you will find a difference in tension.

Back