Exhaust mod for noise

Hugh Janus

Local time
9:24 PM
I'm wondering about exhaust mods for the generic 2 stroke 80cc motors, I'm not too concerned with performance boosting but that would be cool too. I would like to make my bike louder for visibilitys sake, I read up on the baffle mods but would like to get some feedback from some of you guys who have maybe tryed cutting or drilling the baffle because some people say it will kill the motor after a while. What are your thoughts and experiences? Thanks for reading this and please feel free to throw out any ideas.

I'm wondering about exhaust mods for the generic 2 stroke 80cc motors, I'm not too concerned with performance boosting but that would be cool too. I would like to make my bike louder for visibilitys sake, I read up on the baffle mods but would like to get some feedback from some of you guys who have maybe tryed cutting or drilling the baffle because some people say it will kill the motor after a while. What are your thoughts and experiences? Thanks for reading this and please feel free to throw out any ideas.

My experiences?
Get a better exhaust that DOES improve the engine operation.

Fast and free just pull the baffle. Sounds rich and throaty like one would expect and less like a puttputt vespa.

If you actually want an honest answer LIGHTS give real visibility... noise ordinances are real if you don't already know the db and distance levels for your area.

there's not much power to sacrifice in the name of legal sound, but whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
My experiences?
Get a better exhaust that DOES improve the engine operation.

Fast and free just pull the baffle. Sounds rich and throaty like one would expect and less like a puttputt vespa.

If you actually want an honest answer LIGHTS give real visibility... noise ordinances are real if you don't already know the db and distance levels for your area.

there's not much power to sacrifice in the name of legal sound, but whatever floats your boat.

Thanks for the reply, I became concerned with visibility the other day, in the middle of the day when I was almost ran off the road by a moron In a Ford Focus. No amount of headlights or tail lights would have stopped this freak from changing lanes without looking, especially in broad daylight. I don't have much money right now or I would have just bought one.

Thanks for the reply, I became concerned with visibility the other day, in the middle of the day when I was almost ran off the road by a moron In a Ford Focus. No amount of headlights or tail lights would have stopped this freak from changing lanes without looking, especially in broad daylight. I don't have much money right now or I would have just bought one.

I always am keeping awareness for aggressive drivers in cars. Reflexes have to keep up with the negligent drivers just as well as aggressive drivers.

That being said I am a fairly aggressive driver for being a motor bicyclist - and that being said I ride a regular bicycle just as aggressively. Keeps my reflexes sharp but increases danger.

Back