Fabricated saddle bags

MidWestMisfit

Local time
5:19 AM
Hey first time poster long time follower. For My current build I wanted to go for an 80's chopper feel with all the feel. What better to tie everything together other than saddle bags? Not just any oh no I want a pair like off of the "PeeWee Cycle". But less funk more attitude. Haven't had much luck in finding anything....yet.

here's some photos of my first motorized bike from a few years ago
5rcp.jpg

owq8.jpg

z_ok.jpg

as you can see, the saddlebags were it's best feature. working turn signals, head light, tail light, and brake lights were cool too. the saddle bags are made from surplus 5.56 ammo cans.

See something of that sorts would suffice fot me, but not so much for my wife. See the extra weight may not agree with here (or vice versa) but that is a great and intuitive setup. No question its spacious.!!

Last edited:
Got these from a motorbike shop closing down for $15 thay were on the bike full time in the pic thay are just sitting there

Attachments

• DSC_0221.JPG
    DSC_0221.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 227
I'm thinking maybe I could find someone selling some pretty fab'd fibe or smaller sized finished saddle bags. Yet they definitely can't be for just show they have to be multifunctional. I have plans to add a dual mini sub system and working tail lights w/blinkers. So it can't just be some box I mount to the side of it and call it finished.

Here's kinda the type of look I was going for in terms of body style. But my lighting setup would be different.

Attachments

• DSC00080.JPG
    DSC00080.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC00082.JPG
    DSC00082.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 977
Back