first install in stingray chopper

I been told that you can make the holes in your sproket longer to acomadate the spokes, I did that but have not recieved my engine yet!
I'll let ya know how it goes.

EDIT: any repeats of this and you're so outta here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to do the same, is there a way to get it to fit the frame without using a mount? I'm actually transferring one engine kit to my Schwinn StingRay Chopper, and I have absolutely $0 budget. Luckily I have friends with tools, and it's going well so far, but I'm stumped here, and don't want to go any further without knowing if it's possible.

I'm trying to do the same, is there a way to get it to fit the frame without using a mount? I'm actually transferring one engine kit to my Schwinn StingRay Chopper, and I have absolutely $0 budget. Luckily I have friends with tools, and it's going well so far, but I'm stumped here, and don't want to go any further without knowing if it's possible.

I found it easier to weld on the engine mount as you need to off set the engine to the left of the frame to line up the engine and rear wheel sprokets due to the wide rear wheel. You can fabricate the mount on the engine to get the pipe at the right angles to the base plate that will be welded on to the frame, or you could bolt it on if you can get the mount welded up for you.
One other thing to think about is the exhaust pipe, This needed to have the engine pipe hand made to get it closer to the frame and get the mufler back past the cranks. I also needed to bend the left crank out a bit to clear the engine caseing. The entire fitment took about 3 weeks working on it a couple of hours a day after work.
I am sure if you ask nicely you will find some one with a welder to knock you up an engine mount , if you get the pipe and plate it won't take long to weld it up.
Good luck
Paul :helmet:

Ps. have a look at the pictures of the bike listed under candy chopper and you will see the mounts welded to the frame with out the motor in place.

Last edited:
Well, this would all be nice to try on my other stingray, when I have the time and money. I'm trying this $0 build on my crappy stingray for a reason, lol. It's pretty much done, just gotta attach the last bolt I think, try it out, and see if there's any problems. Should be done today! I'm actually going to work on it in about an hour, it's at my friend's garage.

I too am building an o.c.c. chopper.
let me get this straight...
if you use barry's mount (the one that you have to drill the frame) you have to use a 48 tooth sprocket so the chain clears the rear brake?
I also see someone mentioned a hub adapter? is that required or can you use the stock sprocket rag joint mount that comes with the engine kit?
i bought barrys mount, but i have not gotten it yet. i also do not have the engine kit yet, so i am trying to think forward of what i'll need to do to get this all together.
thanks.

i have purchased the complete occ schwinn kit from livefast, but the stuff is cheap, the only reason i purchased from him was because l live 45 minutes from the guy and didn't have to pay for shipping. anyway the kit will run 400$ and will get you going for now. there is some good stuff in the kit like hub adapter for your sprocket, throttle with kill switch. here is a pic of my schwinn "stealth" chopper. l have 3 different exhaust, 1 straight pipe"thunder pipe" which is really f+%+ loud, 1 from livefast which is ok, and the new l got from spookytoothcycles.com which was really easy to install and bend to fit perfect on the bike, roland sells good stuff from his web site. anyway here is a pic of my bike. and if you have a question just ask..........
325_IMG_0705_1.jpg

I like it good lookin

whats the question

i have purchased the complete occ schwinn kit from livefast, but the stuff is cheap, the only reason i purchased from him was because l live 45 minutes from the guy and didn't have to pay for shipping. anyway the kit will run 400$ and will get you going for now. there is some good stuff in the kit like hub adapter for your sprocket, throttle with kill switch. here is a pic of my schwinn "stealth" chopper. l have 3 different exhaust, 1 straight pipe"thunder pipe" which is really f+%+ loud, 1 from livefast which is ok, and the new l got from spookytoothcycles.com which was really easy to install and bend to fit perfect on the bike, roland sells good stuff from his web site. anyway here is a pic of my bike. and if you have a question just ask..........
325_IMG_0705_1.jpg
Did u use the chain tensioner that came with the motor? We r having trouble getting it to line up with the motor and sprocket. Any help would be appreciated. Also did your seat come bent like that r did u bend it?

Back