Gearing

Deadpool1977

Local time
9:50 AM
I have a yd100 and my top speed is only 23 mph i have a 36t sprocket on it and a nt style carb on it I was wondering how people are getting 30+ mph

Check the float, should be 21mm from bowl seat. See pic #4

Which plug are you running? Some kit plugs just don't hold the spark. NGK B6HS or BR6HS if you have a bike computer.

Larger displacement 2t engines don't turn as fast as the smaller ones, how many miles do you have on it? It will improve as it breaks in, but don't try to rev it very high for a couple of weeks.

I need to put the needle clip up top notch its still 4 stroking a Lil bit around the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle and I do still need to brake it in more

Chainlube for the bowl seat are you talking about the distance from where the gasket is to the tip of the float am I understanding correctly

I don't think gearing is your problem. I've never used the 100 so I don't know what adjusting needs to be done to make them really tick. I definitely suspect that you need some carb adjusting though

Chainlube for the bowl seat are you talking about the distance from where the gasket is to the tip of the float am I understanding correctly
Carefully remove the seal, (you'll want to reuse it) and stand your ruler on the edge where the seal sits. The float should be 21mm with the carb upside down of course. Bend the tabs to adjust, only bend lightly, it doesn't take much. Measure each side to make sure it's level.

Also I'm running 32:1 is that ok to run or is there a better mixture

32:1 is fine, you can use a bit more oil if the engine is new, say 20:1.

View picture.
float-level-21mm-jpg.23596

Back