Rear Sprocket size

Local time
10:26 PM
I recently changed my rim size from 24 to 26 and i still have my 44 tooth rear sprocket and i have noticed i have a slight decrease in top speed should i switch to a larger 48t sprocket or smaller 36t sprocket? Will it make a difference?

I recently changed my rim size from 24 to 26 and i still have my 44 tooth rear sprocket and i have noticed i have a slight decrease in top speed should i switch to a larger 48t sprocket or smaller 36t sprocket? Will it make a difference?
A lot of it will depend what you want to do with the bike. Do you got big hills to compete with? What kind of top speed do you want to achieve?
Even weight comes into the factor of your gearing to.

I like middle of the road gearing. Still able to climb hills & has decent top speed.

A lot of it will depend what you want to do with the bike. Do you got big hills to compete with? What kind of top speed do you want to achieve?
Even weight comes into the factor of your gearing to.

I like middle of the road gearing. Still able to climb hills & has decent top speed.
I still can climb hills at 40 km/h my top speed was 45km/h with 24" rims and i recently mounted the engine to a larger bike also so i am sure it is heavier.

Unless I'm thinking wrong going to a 26" wheel should have gave you a bit more speed/mph. But you would have lost some torque from the larger wheel diameter.

Unless I'm thinking wrong going to a 26" wheel should have gave you a bit more speed/mph. But you would have lost some torque from the larger wheel diameter.
Yeah must just be the weight of the bike😅 because i lost 5km/h when i have the throttle all the way open it won't go faster than 40 km/h and it slows down a little but the engine does not stop or anything the motor runs great

Yeah must just be the weight of the bike😅 because i lost 5km/h when i have the throttle all the way open it won't go faster than 40 km/h and it slows down a little but the engine does not stop or anything the motor runs great
Sounds like its leaning out on the top end. Lean bog.

Back