Sprocket Size

Lassic

Local time
1:00 AM
I'm about to buy a Zeda 80 kit, but I am unsure on sprocket size tbh. I would like a good amount of torque, to cruise around easily at 20-25 mph but not really faster, and not be hard on the engine. My bike will have 26" wheels. 44t or 48t sprocket? I'm leaning towards a 48t sprocket, as the 44ts typically top out at around 37-40 mph, way too fast for me.

I'm about to buy a Zeda 80 kit, but I am unsure on sprocket size tbh. I would like a good amount of torque, to cruise around easily at 20-25 mph but not really faster, and not be hard on the engine. My bike will have 26" wheels. 44t or 48t sprocket? I'm leaning towards a 48t sprocket, as the 44ts typically top out at around 37-40 mph, way too fast for me.
Just because it will give you a top speed of 40mph, that doesn't mean you have to go WOT all the time. If you want to go WOT all the time and get 25mph, you'll need a 60 tooth sprocket.

I'm leaning towards a 48t sprocket,
Just be aware that with the larger sprocket, you will always be winding the engine up at higher RPMs most of the time which will effect engine life span versus using a smaller sprocket.

I rarely use more than 1/4 to 1/2 throttle at any given time with a 36 T sprocket...Much less stress on the motor and other moving parts along with less torque stress on the rear drop outs, sprocket, chain, etc.

What a Wussy...lol...lol...lol...jkn
I'd prefer to both stay on my local police's good side, and stay alive at the same time
The 44t sprocket is pretty much the best of both worlds, it will let you cruise at 20-25 all day and not wind up the engine and still have a little left to climb a hill.
That sounds about right. I only want to be at about half throttle when cruising around, maybe sometimes less.

I'd prefer to both stay on my local police's good side, and stay alive at the same time

That sounds about right. I only want to be at about half throttle when cruising around, maybe sometimes less.
And thats exactly the reason why I use a 36T...lol...lol...A more civilised ride.

The 44t sprocket is pretty much the best of both worlds, it will let you cruise at 20-25 all day and not wind up the engine and still have a little left to climb a hill.
So a 44t sprocket will be plenty enough torque with a Zeda 80?
And thats exactly the reason why I use a 36T...lol...lol...A more civilised ride.
You also like to cruise at a higher speed, and have a much more powerful engine... Which does make a difference.

Back