212cc top speed?

BruceBanner1983

Local time
5:54 AM
I realize this might be a crazy question and no one might know the exact answer, but a ballpark answer would be good enough. Does anyone know what top speed to expect on a 212 with 26” wheels, torque converter and 48t rear sprocket, 10t on the jack shaft? I’m gonna be running a rear moped hub and the biggest sprocket I could get to fit the moped hub was 48t. Oh and the governor will be bypassed.

I realize this might be a crazy question and no one might know the exact answer, but a ballpark answer would be good enough. Does anyone know what top speed to expect on a 212 with 26” wheels, torque converter and 48t rear sprocket, 10t on the jack shaft? I’m gonna be running a rear moped hub and the biggest sprocket I could get to fit the moped hub was 48t. Oh and the governor will be bypassed.
My cart does 40 all day with 24" wheels and a 60t. Same setup as yours.

Oh, I should mention, I have a 7" driven clutch on a Max-Torque TAV.
Ok I’m not sure what the size is on mine. It’s an asymmetrical torque converter from gopowersports. It’s def not 7” though. But if you’re getting 40 with that setup, I’d say 50 would not be out of the question in my bike. Speed limits where I’ll be riding go up to 45. I can’t find the diameter of the driver on mine though but I can measure it tonight.

Ok I’m not sure what the size is on mine. It’s an asymmetrical torque converter from gopowersports. It’s def not 7” though. But if you’re getting 40 with that setup, I’d say 50 would not be out of the question in my bike. Speed limits where I’ll be riding go up to 45. I can’t find the diameter of the driver on mine though but I can measure it tonight.
To do 46 mph on 26" wheels at 3600 rpm will take a 6\1 reduction. I belive the Ghost 212cc engines are pushing 5000 rpm now.

Here's my 3 formulas:

(RPM × Wheel Diameter × π)÷(1056 × Total Reduction)= MPH

(MPH × Total Reduction × 1056)÷(Wheel Diameter × π)= RPM

(RPM × Wheel Diameter × π)÷(1056 × MPH)=Total Reduction.

Yes, my fellow riders that last formula is a new one.

You should be able to hit 45. I suggest you at least replace the flywheel woth an aluminum one if you are going to bypass the governor.

Back