GT Black Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask all the americans out of work what they think!! just my opionion i could be wrong!!

Interesting point of view and one I can totally support. When there is a choice I will always and always have bought American Made. So my question is ...

Where are these American Made Small Engines? Seems to me the only real choice is Chinese vs Japanese engines. I could be wrong and would love to have an American Made small bicycle engine. Where did you buy yours?

Interesting point of view and one I can totally support. When there is a choice I will always and always have bought American Made. So my question is ...

Where are these American Made Small Engines? Seems to me the only real choice is Chinese vs Japanese engines. I could be wrong and would love to have an American Made small bicycle engine. Where did you buy yours?

i started out on happy times like the rest of us & still have one on a bike of which i rarely ride anymore, i have 2 other blown happytimes here too! after buying a good japanese motor & drivetrain thats totaly reliable, ill never go back to the buy another if it blows there so cheap way of thinking! after a while ya get tired of the downtime & swapping engines! i too whould buy an american engine if one was made here. & be more than willing to pay for the extra quality. id rather not say where i got my kit as for others not to accuse me of fanboyisim [subaru robin belt drive]!!i guess we can all thank corprate america for selling all our jobs overseas ect! heck id even buy another happtime if they whould build it right-balanced, proper main & connecting rod berrings,steel sleeve & better rings & main seals. id pay an extra 200 bucks for it knowing i whouldnt have to buy another in the time it takes for standard ht to blow! spend your money wisely america!!

after buying a good japanese motor & drivetrain thats totaly reliable, ill never go back to the buy another if it blows there so cheap way of thinking!

This is why I do not understand your statement that buying a Chinese Motor will put Americans out of work. Shouldn't your statement have read "Putting a Japanese worker out of work"?

The second point you made is you prefer the Japanese engine to the Chinese engine based on dependability. For some people this is of prime importance as they use their bikes as daily transportation, for some people this is not the case. For my own self, like yourself, I purchased a "Chinese Engine" based on price as a learning platform and in the future will be putting on an "Italian Engine", still not feeling I am putting an American out of work.

I would hope as you put down Duane and any other person for selling a Chinese engine that you did not deliberately try using peoples emotions for your purpose by stating "Americans Out Of Work". All of our opinions should be based on reality and experience, not agenda and emotions.

Thank you for taking the time to explain your position about your preference of Japanese engines over Chinese engines. For dependability I totally agree.

Wavy,
I was resopnding to the EPA attack.
As for American quality discussionn. I couldn't agree more. But where is American Quality. This was in the Dallas paper yesterday
New DISD Rules Allow Students to Make-Up Tests Without Penalty
Some are seeing it as a slap in the face to good students who work hard and earn good grades. The Dallas school district is unveiling a new plan that a lot of slacker students might like, but not many teachers do. That's because students who fail their tests and don't turn in homework assignments will now be able to make up all that work without ANY sort of penalty. Why the new guidelines? Dallas school officials say they're needed to make sure that ALL teachers have the same rules and create a "fair system" for grading.

Last year some kids didn't graduate here in Ft Worth and there was a parent protesting with a sign that said "LET ARE KIDS WALK".

Let's look at the lat 3 American cars I've owned. 1992 Ford F150. Body rust in the first year, and a crappy reapir and paint afterwards. I fought them for 2 months to have it re painted and they fought long enough for the warranty to expire. My 1998 Chey Suburban. 2 transmissions and a new radiator before 45k. And another transmission and water pump before 75k. My 2002 Buick. 3 recalls in the first year. New front wheel bearings,faulty rear lift hatch, and faulty seat belts. Plus I've replaced the AC and the heater under 47K. My negighbor is still putting around in her 87 Honda she been driving since college.

Remember Merle Haggard singing "I wish a Ford and a Chevy would last 10 years like they should". We have brought this on ourselves. I wish more Amreicans had the work ethics of our forefathers. My grandad owned a railroad tank car cleaning company and invented a product to make out of the scraping from those tank cars. He said it took 2 white men 3 days to clean a car and 1 Mexican man 1 day per car. He said the Mexican man wanted food for his family. The white man wanted 2 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks sick leave, they would get drunk and not come to work and call in sick show up late. Not work over if they had a cut or sprain and wanted breaks all day.............. No one in America wants to work anymore but they want a CEO salary with benfits.
We've done it to ourselves and can't blame China who we've forced ourselves to become dependant upon.

Dang it Wavy I'd give anything if we quit being so greedy and had less government involvement.

Well I could go on and on all day. My point is we can't attack Duane and other sellers of Cina products because we are mad at our selves. I pay $10,000/year in insurance for me and the kids and my company still has to pay almost the same for workmans comp, because the Govt can't trust me to save my money and pay my bills. I could be bringing home $20k more to retire on.

Okay I'll stop. now.

Scott

im so sorry if i sound sinical of chinese vendors! if the vendors whould or could relay our quality concerns to china, & they in turn whould make improvements that whould be great! but that never seems to happen, its the quick buck for now & worry about it later thing that bothers me. we all have friends & relatives out of work. america went to **** when walt disney died! its hard to remain proud of our country , i know the unions & spoiled americans had a hand in it all. but dang it theres a lot of us still who do have good work ethics & are willing to live less friviously. america is spoiled for shure, whats a guy to do? tell me what to do????? or what whould you do to make things better?

well! i'm responding to the same issues i always respond to...ethics, honesty, loyalty...hunh, some surprising replies from surprising sources.

so...one guy says that another guy can't start a topic without everyone jumping on him...hmmm, ya'mean, like, when an experienced leader wants to talk about something and the HT guys jump all over him?

what the **** am i, chopped liver? i know what the heck i'm talking about...peeps screw each other by choice, hardly ever by accident...some people here have made choices, i want to talk about it...but god forbid i try to open a freakin' EPA-topic!

so...i'm running the same 33cc 2-stroke (and every other part of the kit) after 3500 miles, it comes "production" with a catalytic convertor and epa/carb label, it keeps up with or outruns any HT i encounter, it does it at 50:1...why the heck am i supposed to tread on egghells with a performance record like that?

to lay a question to rest: yes! documention can be equated with quality!! and...VALUE!!!

yup. i'm the "someone" who named the HT, i'm one of the original HT-rebels...and all i had to do to keep the peace was continue to accept my "free" samples and pimp 'em...sorry, i'm a us military veteran and it didn't take long for me to see the american consumer is a horrible soldier when it comes to economic warfare.

"SOMEONE" used to tell me that they admired my forthrightness, now that same someone has no problem dumping on me without naming me...scottm (among others)...take a closer look...even while you've fought "us" we've managed to force importers to be honest about the "80cc" scam (see the grube inc site), to attempt more quality control, and most recently, to pursue true EPA compliance...is there anything else you'd like to tell us we were wrong about?

please, quit acting as if i quit caring. as soon as a 48cc HT has a legitimate EPA/C.A.R.B label on it, i'm trying one :cool:

Last edited:
america went to **** when walt disney died! its hard to remain proud of our country

Being in my 60's and having lived in a couple different countries during my life, I have found it impossible to believe the United States is perfect, but I sure do not find it hard to be proud of America. Each person needs to view things their own way and that is actually allowed in the United States. Yes the Unemployment in the U.S. is higher than any of us would like. Have you checked the unemployment levels for other countries?

whats a guy to do? tell me what to do????? or what whould you do to make things better?

No one can answer that question for you, you need to answer it for yourself. I did this many years ago for myself. I decided how I wanted to live and I honor those choices each day. I worry about myself, my choices and allow others to make their choices.

From my first post in reply to my last post in reply to anything you wrote, I only had two items I did not agree with you on. Slamming a specific vendor for making a choice that does not agree with your view instead of "Chinese Vendors" in general and stating those choices are putting American Workers out of work when the options do not include the U.S.

Last edited:
please, quit acting as if i quit caring. as soon as a 48cc HT has a legitimate EPA/C.A.R.B label on it, i'm trying one :cool:

Augie I have asked this question in another thread and did not really get an answer so I would like to ask you.

Have all the States in the United States adopted the regulations of California? You state the engine of choice for you is to be EPA/C.A.R.B. compliant and this sort of confuses me. You live in Washington, your car is probably not C.A.R.B. compliant so why would the motor on your bicycle need to be C.A.R.B. compliant?

mmm maybe some of us really care about the enviroment! in anything we own including my big v8 daily driver i go get groceries with - not!!!!!! why is it such an issue to really be concerned & activly be doin something about it. its like we get persucuted for moving forward in a positive direction? i remember when this was all about a bunch of guys in the garage building bikes! we did not allow vendors to clutter our comeradery. now its all about the buck & go faster!! keep focused motored bikers! let the soulition be the revolution!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back