hairline fracture on bore wall

alright, should I hacksaw that section off from the skirt?

I have no experience doing that, so I honestly don't know, but it would be better than leaving it there untouched.

It's very possible you could cut it off, add a bevel with whatever (dremel, grinder) and your engine will run for a long time just fine. You do need a bevel in order to get the rings past the bottom of the jug. Without a bevel you'll more than likely damage the rings.

Or possibly cut off the left hand side of that skirt and leave the rest. Still need to bevel the edges somehow.

Honestly it's probably a casting flaw that caused it to happen, considering how bad most of the castings are on these engines it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Out of curiosity, what made you start to do all this to the stock engine? I just peek in them to make sure there's no obvious issues, and bolt them to the bike. I'm on my third motor, only because #1 got stolen with the bike, #2 is the one I'm experimenting with saw jugs, #3 is still on it's second bike. On Thursday my stock CG 66 went 37mph on a 26", but generally cruise about 25-30 pretty effortlessly...

Out of curiosity, what made you start to do all this to the stock engine? I just peek in them to make sure there's no obvious issues, and bolt them to the bike. I'm on my third motor, only because #1 got stolen with the bike, #2 is the one I'm experimenting with saw jugs, #3 is still on it's second bike. On Thursday my stock CG 66 went 37mph on a 26", but generally cruise about 25-30 pretty effortlessly...

I want to know whats inside, make it better / increase performance and learn. There was quite a bit of junk in mine which surprised me and would be obviously restricting airflow

I do performance automotive at work. Generally I like to get things sorted stock before going and modifying. How would you know if what you did was worth while? You wouldn't have a base line to work from. This is why I take cars to the dyno before we do any work to them.

On another note, I have a spare jug/head if you are in need. Just pay shipping.

It's new. Bought the engine and a saw top end to make a Frankenstein.

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_142958.jpg
    IMG_20220730_142958.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 65
Back