Hello from Oklahoma

Canterbury

Local time
5:19 PM
Hey all, my name is Chris and I’m from Bethany, Oklahoma. I want to start by saying Thank You to those that have contributed to this forum, I’ve already been able to find several answers to questions I’ve had.

Long story short, I bought a bike this weekend from a friend of my wife’s that someone else had already installed a chinese 2 stroke kit on. She said her husband rode it a few times before “it quit”.

I’m a handy guy and I enjoy a project, I’ve owned a couple of gy6 scooters and a few motorcycles over the years (Yamaha radian, Fz6, Honda vt750). I enjoy working on mechanical things and electronics are a bit of a hobby as well.

10 minutes after getting it home I had already determined that it was a wiring issue, everything was electrical taped together in a bundle and the magneto had come disconnected. A little bit of pre-mix in the tank and it fired right up.

Like the wiring a lot of things on the bike needed to be re-addressed. I took the opportunity of fixing the wire to run it all internally in the frame. I also shortened drive chain, re-centered the drive sprocket, sleeved the kill switch wires and touched up some scuffs on the engine case.

The bike needed a total detail so I went to work on that as well, also removing all the cheesy “Hawaiian” themed stickers.

After a new plug and some carb tuning she rips. Top speed (downhill) is 35mph by gps. Which honestly is WAY too fast for this platform. It’s a hoot to cruise around 20-25mph though.

Here are some pics of the finished product. I also designed and 3D printed a few items for the build including a 60mm filter adapter for the nt carb, a custom mount for the Cdi and a sprocket alignment tool

Attachments

• D174CF07-885D-4099-B0A7-3368432C4CF7.jpeg
    D174CF07-885D-4099-B0A7-3368432C4CF7.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 178
  • 9CF5A4E6-EC1D-4EFF-B19B-2010F5FC3AD5.jpeg
    9CF5A4E6-EC1D-4EFF-B19B-2010F5FC3AD5.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 195
  • B914175E-5BA2-4239-8FB3-B1A68C756C88.jpeg
    B914175E-5BA2-4239-8FB3-B1A68C756C88.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 173
Nice bike and welcome. What's that spacer on the axle centering the sprocket, is that home made? 1st time I've seen that, seems that could solve a lot of issues for folks. Is that bought from a seller/vendor? You do realize Oklahoma is Texas's 255th county right?

Nice bike and welcome. What's that spacer on the axle centering the sprocket, is that home made? 1st time I've seen that, seems that could solve a lot of issues for folks. Is that bought from a seller/vendor? You do realize Oklahoma is Texas's 255th county right?

The spacer/alignment tool is actually something I designed and 3D printed (out of PLA plastic). I’ve actually uploaded this design to thingiverse if anyone would like to use it. Of course it was made based on the dimensions from my bike and sprocket. I’m not sure how consistent those are from one to another.

If we could come to a consensus on measurements and there was sufficient need I could probably make a few.

Yeah, I pondered about how to accomplish centering it as well but I quickly realized I had plenty of surfaces to key on. I actually only got my 3D printer a few months ago but I’ve designed quite a few parts and tools already. It’s come in really handy for a lot of hobbies.

I asked a few peeps, they said if it works great (your cover) maybe you should try selling your cover as a tool to help center sprockets

you know maybe take a trip to walmart/target etc etc with a measure tool and see the differences you would need and just do the MAJORITY

and give it a small whirl

and if you don't wanna, send me the link cause i tried finding it and couldn't :( ill give it a small whirl
i'll even engrave your name if ya like so peeps know

I asked a few peeps, they said if it works great (your cover) maybe you should try selling your cover as a tool to help center sprockets

you know maybe take a trip to walmart/target etc etc with a measure tool and see the differences you would need and just do the MAJORITY

and give it a small whirl

and if you don't wanna, send me the link cause i tried finding it and couldn't :( ill give it a small whirl
i'll even engrave your name if ya like so peeps know

Here is a link to the file on Thingiverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4407218

Welcome Canterbury, Nice Bike
Just a safety heads up, That front fender can be a Death Trap The mounting bracket can break or the rivets pop loose causing the fender to wrap around the front tire and sending the rider flying over the handle bars to break their neck or be killed.
Good idea to remove the fender or change the fender bracket to a stronger bracket and bolts. ALOHA

Welcome Canterbury, Nice Bike
Just a safety heads up, That front fender can be a Death Trap The mounting bracket can break or the rivets pop loose causing the fender to wrap around the front tire and sending the rider flying over the handle bars to break their neck or be killed.
Good idea to remove the fender or change the fender bracket to a stronger bracket and bolts. ALOHA

Thanks man, I appreciate your concern. This fender is all checked out.

Back