Help please!

I bought my 1976 Huffy 3-speed sports bike for $35 at a garage sale. The seller couldn't start its Bike Bug engine, so that's why he sold it so cheap.

Someone who'd buy a bike with a nonworking engine would have to be impulsive,foolish, stupid, adventuresome, knowledgeable or wise.

So I bought it.:giggle:

Hey guys my friction drive came today and I'm making the thread it is called:
Timberline GT friction drive with gp460 putting pics up at some point 2day

Hey guys my friction drive came today and I'm making the thread it is called:
Timberline GT friction drive with gp460 putting pics up at some point 2day

I just got my minimoto engine today. I've had the BMP kit for a while. Within 20 minutes I had the engine taken apart to check it out. The crankcase was clean, but the cylinder needed a good scrubbing because it wasn't cleaned very well after it was honed, but the crosshatch in the plated bore looks good. The K&N pod style filter got a little crushed in shipping too. Looks like the minimoto engine will bolt right up to the BMP kit, as it has the standard 78mm clutch. The little square can muffler from a TL clone lines up with the exhaust too. Although not a high revving GP460, I expect it to have decent power because of the high compression and crankcase reed induction. I hope the top end is at least as good as a generic 2 stroke "in frame" engine. The only other hurdle is fitting a fuel tank. I could use a teardrop tank, but will probably use a lawn mower tank with some custom brackets. (for stealth)

Best of luck with the GP460 project, looking forward to pics and video. I will try and get my sheet together and document this build too.

Back