Help please!

Jamestodd33

Local time
3:30 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the group and the motor bike world. I bought a 80cc 2 stroke from a guy a few days ago and having the time of my life. Well its was dark last night and when I was headed home I noticed alot more nouse then usual so I rode home mostly using leg power. And upon inspection the next day I noticed the motor chain was catching on the frame. I also heard noises inside the clutch cover plate. And I'm new to this, I had to learn just to drive. So I pulled the cover off not realizing it was connected to the clutch arm and clutch arm pin. And I lost the little round ball that was inside the case. And in only realized this later doing a little research. So my question is tommorow when I go find that piece, will I be able to just put it back together and drive? The rubbing was not an issue the first few days I'm not sure if I hit a pothole or what. I just realized something was wrong. And I drove maybe a few miles before realizing. I just have no idea what I'm doing and it's awesome learning I just need some advice! Oh and also when I removed the clutch plate I realized it was rubbing there as well. I went ahead and took a metal file and filed it down as much as I could. Could this have been caused by hitting a pot hole or riding too rough? I know its alot of questions but I'm lost and have no idea. Thanks yall have a good one

Attachments

• 20200403_083001.jpg
    20200403_083001.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 145
If your talking about this ball then yes you can reseat it, if you can't find it how ever
you can buy, a whole, rod,arm,ball,pin,gear etc etc for like 3-4$

If you can't get your chain to stop rubbing the frame you could (1) get a thinner chain like a BMX chain, just make sure you get a strong one. The thinner chain might provide enough clearance so it don't rub, or (2) you could get a sprocket adapter and get rid of the rag joint set up, a sprocket adapter might push the rear sprocket away from the wheel enough to stop the chain from hitting the frame. If you get one make sure you get one the right size for your rear hub.

Back