Help pleaseeee!!!

AvarageJoe

Local time
1:23 PM
Im brand new to this and I'm looking for a favor

My problem is when I pull the clutch in and start to pedal and release it to start the engine the back tire just locks up and stops the bike

Ive tightened the flower nut and loosened it a million times idk what else to do

Any comments or advice would be a great help I haven't been able to ride for about a month its killing me

Last edited:
take the spark plug out and see if you can get the engine crankshaft to rotate.
look for any additional metal jamming the primary drive gear or the magneto.
If not in those two places then something inside the engine. maybe the engine is used and the seller didn't tell you he was selling it due to a severe engine seizure (where the piston melts and adheres to the cylinder wall)
could be metallic trash inside a bearing also.
time to be a detective!

try having another person push the clutch arm bar forward..while you take plyers and pull the cable down and tighten the stop nut.

Mine had the same problem and I discovered that the clutch assembly needed a nudge with my rubber mallet and driver. According to one guy the unit are often stuck when the come from the factory. Actually just take off the cover and the flower nut. Using the driver and a gentle tap forced the clutch to rotate, problem solved!

Any comments or advice would be a great help I haven't been able to ride for about a month its killing me[/QUOTE]

Back