No clue what I'm doing... No start...I'm back and I need help to make it right.

Wtg78

Local time
2:51 AM
I have bought a few bicycle engines and have had little luck with them but I went all out for my last one and got a phantom v3. As all of them I have had to tweak things here and there and I don't know how to specify make this thing purr like I'd like. I am having a problem at this point with the clutch I'll go to start and release the clutch and it feels as though the it's just sliding round. I looked up some things to try but it's still doing it I have replaced the clutch pads twice and it even does it on the brand new ones. When the engine has run I will give it it's due... It's a beast. The best engine yet. But I am continuously having small problems like this can someone help me figure out what is going on. I almost feel like the little cog inside with the clutch and all is not turning what does this mean if anything?

I have bought a few bicycle engines and have had little luck with them but I went all out for my last one and got a phantom v3. As all of them I have had to tweak things here and there and I don't know how to specify make this thing purr like I'd like. I am having a problem at this point with the clutch I'll go to start and release the clutch and it feels as though the it's just sliding round. I looked up some things to try but it's still doing it I have replaced the clutch pads twice and it even does it on the brand new ones. When the engine has run I will give it it's due... It's a beast. The best engine yet. But I am continuously having small problems like this can someone help me figure out what is going on. I almost feel like the little cog inside with the clutch and all is not turning what does this mean if anything?
Start with my little "tutorial" of how to adjust the clutch properly...Follow it EXACTLY to the letter...Also replace those lousy, red clay coloured clutch pads with the black and white pads...The red clay like ones burn out and get blackened and scorched within three days and do not grip well with the Phantom motor.

https://www.amazon.com/KQTshangmao-...C/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=80cc+clutch+pads&sr=8-9

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Start with my little "tutorial" of how to adjust the clutch properly...Follow it EXACTLY to the letter...Also replace those lousy, red clay coloured clutch pads with the black and white pads...The red clay like ones burn out and get blackened and scorched within three days and do not grip well with the Phantom motor.

https://www.amazon.com/KQTshangmao-...C/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=80cc+clutch+pads&sr=8-9

Ok another question at the end I asked why the little cog inside the clutch case would be stuck. Is it supposed to not move when pedaling to start it seems as though it is locked into place and maybe something is wrong but I'm going to go listen to the forum on how to adjust the clutch when you respond

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ok another question at the end I asked why the little cog inside the clutch case would be stuck. Is it supposed to not move when pedaling to start it seems as though it is locked into place and maybe something is wrong but I'm going to go listen to the forum on how to adjust the clutch when you respond
Which cog are you talking about?

As I said...Go through that tutorial and adjust it exactly as written to eliminate this as a possible cause of problem before we can progress to anything else or if this resolves the problem entirely.

As I said...Go through that tutorial and adjust it exactly as written to eliminate this as a possible cause of problem before we can progress to anything else or if this resolves the problem entirely

Attachments

• 17064968609616209578528649965101.jpg
    17064968609616209578528649965101.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 17064978626201515527844225648002.jpg
    17064978626201515527844225648002.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 30
Ok i did everything and tried but then I released and it just locked up
When you release the clutch lever, of course it locks up...The clutch is fully engaged when lever is released.

Don't you remember reading this when following the tutorial exactly as written???...lol.
When you release the lever it should of course now have the clutch totally locked up in the totally ENGAGED position

Back