• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Hi all :)

jacksdad

New to all this - I'm in the process of finding a good gas engine kit to fit my budget for my 1999 Giant EB Comp mountain bike. I use the bike to commute 20 miles most mornings and I thought it'd be nice to have some help on the days when I'm not feeling as perky as I did 20 years ago. With gas prices hovering just below the $4 mark, 100+ mpg also appeals. I regularly ride with my kid using an Adams trailer bike - anybody know where I'll stand legally if we hitch it up and use the gas engine for some trips? I'm in San Diego, California. It's nice to know there's a lot of like minded people out there - just wanted to say hi :D

Last edited:

M

mickey

Welcome aboard, Jacksdad. We have a thread section on laws and regulations in the various states and a lot of riders in California. I think most of your questions can be answered.

F

fetor56

G'day & welcome to MBc.
Any Giant rider must be worth his salt..have fun here man.

graucho

Welcome Jacksdad! Were home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

Zev0

Welcome JacksDad. Glad to have you. Lots of information on a lot things here to be gotten.

D

Demosthenese

welcome

if you're planning to pull a trailer bike with a child on it, you may need to think ahead about your exaust, and where the fumes are going. Just throwing that out there!

good luck!