Hi to all whizzer fans

Hi Brent
Welcome to mbc. Be careful of those repop monarch front springers. there built a little light if you plan on riding a lot we have had them buckle on a whizzer.

Ryan Millett
Newport Beach whizzer

monarch forks

my forks were 1948 originals and I rode over 6500 miles no problems except they have less then 1 inch of travel , no where near enough. Maby you should elaborate in the main board about what you know about the weakness of the repops, alot of the repops are being sold to whizzer folks.
Brent

hi

the original monarchs we have had good luck with. there is a company selling copies on ebay saying they are for whizzers (they are located in southern california) but if you call them they do not recomend them for whizzers. When the fork bent (3-4 weeks after purchased) the company told us they were not ment for whizzers. the problem we had was under the thin aluminum cover was a very lite weight weldment with no gusets and that is were it folds up. luckly it bends slowly and dosn't just snap off. the bike these forks were on was a 2000 24" whizzer with a front drum brake. I am not bad mouthing the manufacturer just saying if you have them becareful and keep your eye on them I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Ryan Millett
Newport Beach Whizzer

Back