Honda 1979 185T Twinstar

Harddog96

Local time
5:33 PM
I just acquired one of these last week and the original bike calls for a 6v battery, which didn’t power the starter at all. I then got an 12v and started instantly. originally I don’t think this came with an electric starter. I think somebody converted it, but none of the lights work and there’s a separate cable that goes from the negative up to the starter button and there’s still the two that go on the positive terminal of the battery. But no lights work at all, no turn signal or nothing, not even clicking when you turn the blinker on.

Your best bet is to start with the simple stuff. Connections, fuses, switches, and wherever wires start and stop. After that you should get a multimeter and start chasing all the wires. Harbor freight sells a cheap one that is only a few bucks that works good enough

Your best bet is to start with the simple stuff. Connections, fuses, switches, and wherever wires start and stop. After that you should get a multimeter and start chasing all the wires. Harbor freight sells a cheap one that is only a few bucks that works good enough
That’s what I have been trying sadly. I was hoping someone might just know the answer. It won’t let me post my photos which might help but 🤷‍♂️ I’ll keep trying.

IMG_1162.jpeg
there it finally let me. OK it looks like a disaster over here! This is how I got it.

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpeg
    IMG_1163.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 70
Back