How Do You Feel....

Ed, when I was in Seoul one day a saw a guy carying a refrigerator on his bike !!!
Also like 5 cases of soft drinks the old school kind long neck bottles..
kinda funny....

They are amazing! I have also spent alot of time in Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia, the stuff they do with scooters is amazing. Many times I have seen large dressers being transported up the highway on a little scooter there! Must have two guys load it up, and the rider does not get off until he gets there LOL!

I don't feel safe, but I need the bike

I drive on a 2 lane local access road and some municipal streets through the city when I need small goods or fast food and post office stuff.

Mine goes 27-30mph consistently and has a Superflash Planet Bike taillight way up high on the seat bag. This has really helped a lot.

When I rode with a bicycle helmet, people would nearly kill themselves daily passing me and conflicting with oncoming cars. The oncoming cars would veer off and then blind me and honk like I did something wrong, and the f tards passing recklessly seemed confused about whether the bike was a MC or a moped/bicycle. They seemed bewildered that it went 30mph instead of maybe 10-20 like they must have figured.

I ride with a fullface MC helmet now, and get more respect from most drivers, but a few still tailgate and pass on the right while I yield to other cars, esp those running stop signs while they stare right at me.

I think the key is to assume all car drivers are cagers and willing to kill you if you slow them down for 10 seconds. Assume they will cut you off at stop signs and red lights, esp to pass on the left and turn right.

One guy passed me over a railroad track in a no passing zone then complained to me later because I have to cross the rough, rural tracks in a perpendicular fashion so as not to wreck. I found out he is a truck driver and i grilled him about how he got his license, and the boss explained to him that he needs to respect cyclists and motorcyclists. (Boss rides MC's and overheard the conversation. :unsure:)

I'm getting one of those Neon Yellow construction worker vests. Blaze Orange makes people confused. Many Motorcyclists esp cops are wearing reflective hi vis yellow vests or shirts now. It really is attention getting.

You really gotta watch out for those cell phone talkers
It wont help if you got a strobe on your bike.
There just soo busy and soo Important that they must be telling people how great they are 24/7......
I used to not care, but it's gotton so bad that I think we need to do somthing......
Cell Phone Tickets Talk about stimulis !!!!!

Back