How Loud is a 49cc?

Thanks for all of your replies.

I came across this 58cc. And I think it is a really good deal and I may go with it.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/complete-58cc-powered-bicycle-engine-p-336.html

It's capable of doing 35. Has a range of about 75 miles with its half-gallon tank and it's suppose to be easy to mount to most bikes.

just so you know, MOST of these engines make those exact claims. "Capable of 35" doesn't mean "35 mph out of the box"; same for the mpgs. Expect more like "not quite 30 mph, and around the low 100 mpgs" with both not happening consistently until the engine has broken in after about a 100 miles or so.

To get those kind of speeds, you will need an expansion chamber. I know for sure you can muffle down a chamber pretty decently.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle at 30 mph ? If not, you're in for a surprise. Most bikes feel very unstable and dangerous at that speed.

I think that depends on the bike. I have motorized a good-quality front-suspension mountain bike that goes 32 mph on the flat and can go up to 40 mph down big hills. It feels quite stable at those speeds. It also takes bumps in the road quite well.

I feel quite comfortable riding at 30 to 35 mph, but anything faster starts to make me nervous.

Attachments

• gebe 040.jpg
    gebe 040.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Have you ever ridden a bicycle at 30 mph ? If not, you're in for a surprise. Most bikes feel very unstable and dangerous at that speed. I have a Schwinn Suburban hybrid bike with a BMP friction kit and 50cc 2 stroke. It cosistantly goes 27mph on flat ground. I've had it in the low 30's going down hill, and it gets very, very sueirrelie at those speeds. It will make you think how good it's going to feel after the pain goes away after hitting the ground at that speed.....if you live to talk about it !

wow, both of my bikes will do 30 mph plus, and they are both very stable at those speeds.
on top of that , both of my bikes are little 20 inchers.
one is a chopper with a raked frame and extended forks, and even is is very stable at 30-35 mph.

I learned if you get a expansion chamber, and some other little engine mods you wil NEED a airfilter. I just drilled a bunch of holes in the from of the plastic peice on mine, it seemed to work. Also another good free mod is mild porting,a nd piston notch.

Also if you get a 68cc buy a 36 tooth sprocket.

For $320 on the drivetrain I've got 42MPH out of my bike.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 382
Back