How Many Miles Did You Get On Happy Time before the times became unhappy ?

One other thing

I was told originally to be minimal on grease on the clutch gears, just a dab will do ya.

When I pumped grease into the fitting (see previous post) I got a reasonable amount coming into the right engine (clutch) side also. Enough so the gears sort of self lubricated. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH THE CLUTCH SLIPPING and am guessing that I won't as long as I don't take it apart and get grease on the pads.

If you think about it, as long is there isn't TOO much grease in there, the centrifugal motion of the clutch ought to keep the grease from contacting the pads. Wondering if these things couldn't just have a grease resevoir somehow on the right side.

Sorry for my wordiness

cb

still learning ?? you probably did noTHING wrong !!

20 miles out of it with no problems

idler came off and the chain went into the spokes

took the idler off. got about 7 miles and the chain broke again

I'm still learning I guess.

sounds as if you are taking some blame here jimmypodunk ??

don't -- it was probably not your fault

20 miles before have some troubles with the common Happy Time

that's about right in many cases

hoping here that someday these HT kits will come with improvements such as
better gas tank mounting bolts -- tanks are know to come loose at times
better bigger stronger studs
better idler set ups
better grades of chain and nuts and bolts
better mufflers -- while behind my cousin watched his hit the road and ran over

MM

4200kms and its dead,

i made it 4200kms on my HT, i used grade 8 bolts on everything and loctited it and it had prety much no problems till 3000kms., the little gear broke and i fixed it, it wrode till 4000kms then my clutch began to give me problems, it was spinning the clutch pin and grinding down the clutch arm, i made it to 4200kms and now the clutch wont even dissengage, im tired and done with it, the bike lasted way longer than i thought it would, i dont have any time to mess around with it anymore so ive kinda given up on MB's i have a car to put money into now, i bought a little 33cc sit down go-ped for the mean time, its like my MB exept slower and quieter, and better on gas, and more fun to drive, seems more solid, my bike always ran like it was going to blow up at any moment, once i get some good money i will get a 4 stroke bicycle engine kit, but for now school and my car takes priority,

Mine are incredibly reliable but I do have a list of things I do on each build. The only problem I had was due to my own error. I left the acorn head stud nuts on the engine and they loosened causing me to blow a head gasket. A new headgasket and better quality nuts for the head studs got me back on the road. I was eventually going to replace them but I was eager to dial in the tuned pipe first.

Mine are incredibly reliable but I do have a list of things I do on each build. The only problem I had was due to my own error. I left the acorn head stud nuts on the engine and they loosened causing me to blow a head gasket. A new headgasket and better quality nuts for the head studs got me back on the road. I was eventually going to replace them but I was eager to dial in the tuned pipe first.

How many miles did you get?

that was the question -- how many miles ??

The only problem I had was due to my own error. I left the acorn head stud nuts on the engine and they loosened causing me to blow a head gasket

that was the question -- how many miles before break down ??

many people that have never visited this site
know nothing about making any up grades -- before even riding
thus -- just thinking -- leaves many un Happy with break down in short time
in many many cases

MM

Back