Clutch HT Clutch puck source??

If you can't stretch a spring or adjust something to get it to stop. Put and artificial 1,000 miles on the pads with sand paper!

probably reffering to the flywheel. the big gear that the "giant cup" slams down on when the clutch is let go. ????

That video was truly painfull to watch!

DO NOT leave the hub nut and lock washer off!!!

It looks like he stretches the pressure plate release spring in order to keep the whole thing on the shaft...incredible!

The clutch friction material when new is .290-.300 thick. The friction material should float in the gear. From new the pads are usually tight in the gear...I have seen some that appeared to be glued. The friction pads should NOT be tight in the gear or glued. As the graphic below shows the friction material is intended to be gripped between the pressure plate and the countershaft driven hub.

The friction pads do not sit in a pocket...You can't put anything behind them, because on the other side is the mating friction surface.

Look at the attached graphics.

Jim

Attachments

• engine9.jpg
    engine9.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 262
  • engine11.jpg
    engine11.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 244
Thanks Man!

Info very helpful... I'm certain those pics will be of use to many of our Brother's, as clutch problems arise!!! Thanks!

PS. I've only been cover deep on mine but it seems to be a different style. Clutch pad thickness will give a good indication if something else is wrong. Not to mention when the boys up north bring 'em in for the winter, will have a good refference point for a trouble free summer!

Thanks again!

Hi Jim

Can you tell me what you think, how long the clutch would last if right out of the box, I am installing cent. clutch and never opening (disengaging) the clutch??? I am thinking it would last the life of the motor??? Opinions??? thanks...POPS (Rick)

That video was truly painfull to watch!

DO NOT leave the hub nut and lock washer off!!!

It looks like he stretches the pressure plate release spring in order to keep the whole thing on the shaft...incredible!

The clutch friction material when new is .290-.300 thick. The friction material should float in the gear. From new the pads are usually tight in the gear...I have seen some that appeared to be glued. The friction pads should NOT be tight in the gear or glued. As the graphic below shows the friction material is intended to be gripped between the pressure plate and the countershaft driven hub.

The friction pads do not sit in a pocket...You can't put anything behind them, because on the other side is the mating friction surface.

Look at the attached graphics.

Jim

Grand slam post!!!:geek::geek:

Back