Huasheng 49cc no acceleration

Local time
6:57 PM
Hello,

I just recently put a Huasheng 49cc kit on my Huffy Cranbrook. I have put front and rear brakes on it because I do not trust coaster brakes lol. The kit fit perfectly and I used to have a pk80 2-stroke kit but I thought I would enjoy the 4-stroke more and I definitely do. Vibration is pretty much non-existent and it is so much better on gas considering I commute 35 miles to and from work.

I do have one concern with it though. The acceleration isn't very good from a stop. I am not pedaling the bike at the moment since the company sent me one pedal stem and not the other so I am waiting on that. When I accelerate from a standstill, it seems like it is bogging and after about 3 seconds, it finally picks up. I heard about the idle adjustment screw but it is behind a brass plug. How do I remove it and would that be the issue? I have about 44 miles on it so far so it is still pretty new.

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

I wouldn't do that if I were you. You will burn out your clutch pads pretty fast and then damage the springs, clutch, and rotor bell. Your acceleration is based on your gear reduction box and rear sprocket. Can't see what box you have. Also, just put the chain on your pedal gears and make due with one pedal trying to pedal from a dead stop to 7-10 mph (I usually wait till 9-10) and then ease onto the gas. It will be awkward but save your clutch.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. You will burn out your clutch pads pretty fast and then damage the springs, clutch, and rotor bell. Your acceleration is based on your gear reduction box and rear sprocket. Can't see what box you have. Also, just put the chain on your pedal gears and make due with one pedal trying to pedal from a dead stop to 7-10 mph (I usually wait till 9-10) and then ease onto the gas. It will be awkward but save your clutch.

I will use one pedal thanks! I have the single chain transmission. I see that there is a dual chain transmission. Should I get that one?

To get decent acceleration you'll need a 60 tooth or higher on your wheel with that 3:1 hoot transfer case. Or get the grubee 4g with the 4:1 or 5:1 belt pulley reduction. The dual chain tc is still 3:1.

The dual chain from BikeBerry does not fit your tapered shaft engine. There are two shaft types for the HS-142F tapered and straight. The taper uses the single chain or called Hoot and Grubee 4G and the straight uses the BikeBerry 5G and GasBike 9G.

The Grubee 4G is the best gear reduction box for this engine but pricey. The single chain has a 3:1 gear reduction so it is going to have poor acceleration for the same rear sprocket. The others are 4:1-6.5:1. I assume you have a 44T rear sprocket. You can try going to a higher sprocket like CrazyDan suggest but then you give up speed and since your commute is 32 miles one way I suggest you stick with the current sprocket and get a better high quality clutch. The hoot internal drive chain will stretch eventually and you will need to compensate for it by putting in an internal gear pulley or get a new chain (but then u have to do it again later).

It is just a small limitation of these small engines but they last so long. Basically, put on the other pedal, pedal out to 8-10mph from stop, and then roll on the gas. It will last you thousands of miles.

Back