Phatmoto huasheng 142f swap?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
4:28 AM
Has anyone done a 49cc 4 stroke on a phatmoto? I wonder if it's possible the 49cc has about the same performance as the 79cc and may go even faster than the 79cc and I'm wondering why they didn't just use the huasheng 49cc on the phatmoto. No mounting plate to mess with but a solid plate, dual discs and some other things make the phatmoto a good mb platform. Most people go bigger rather than smaller but the huasheng has electronic governing rather than mechanical. And it's much higher rpm than the lifan.

I've seen pit bike engines on them, and I put a 224 and a CVT on mine and plan to put an Avenger on it next.

Your imagination and patience is the limit!

Phatmoto is shipping engines with disabled Governors, so that tells you the lifan is a stout little engine. Makes decent HP, but low-end torque isn't great.

You'd be losing half a hp and creating a lot of work to get the transmission playing nice.

Is the pto shaft 5/8 or 3/4 inch? If 3/4", a comet style cvt would bolt on without too much work. Edit: found a cars and camera guy doing a cvt install on a phatmoto

About 6 minutes in he starts working on it.

If I remember right the stock transmission on phatmotos is a double reduction with a centrifugal clutch on the pto shaft. A little convoluted but it seems to work well enough.

Here's a honda swapped phatmoto and a 125 honda ct clone.

Wyverns 224 swap isn't a bad route but I haven't seen if he needed to mod the mounting plate.

You'd be losing half a hp and creating a lot of work to get the transmission playing nice.

Is the pto shaft 5/8 or 3/4 inch? If 3/4", a comet style cvt would bolt on without too much work. Edit: found a cars and camera guy doing a cvt install on a phatmoto

About 6 minutes in he starts working on it.

If I remember right the stock transmission on phatmotos is a double reduction with a centrifugal clutch on the pto shaft. A little convoluted but it seems to work well enough.

Here's a honda swapped phatmoto and a 125 honda ct clone.

Wyverns 224 swap isn't a bad route but I haven't seen if he needed to mod the mounting plate.

Oh, it was a nightmare because the 224 block is slightly bigger than the 212.

The concept it is simple, hog out all the material between the front foot so it slides between the front tube.

Use a Coleman CVT riser and cut it to match the front foot.

Replace the valve cover to the slanted style.

mark the mount and drill holes for riser. slot them for wiggle room.

Use the front stock holes on bike frame. and widen them a touch, drill new holes for the back.

Buy a cone filter adapter (I don't run a filter on the road)

Buy a header pipe and wrap it with a ton of heat wrap or silicone heat tube. (you may need to re-weld for fitment)

Install CVT and a 415 sprocket.

I broke my bolt off for the drive, I'm still debating if I'm going to run this engine or not.

However, if I do, I'm switching to #35 chain.

I have a Build log I'm updating.

You *can* run the stock jackshaft, but I got severe frame shaking harmonics, its much easier.

A stock 224 will lift the front tire with my 300lbs ass on there easily to 50+mph, it's no longer a motorized bike, it damn near feels like a little motorcycle.

The late KC Vale did several shifter builds using tank style bicycle frames and 49cc 4 stoke engines.

1709246089932.png

Back