I may be a moron. Phatmoto 24' preorder.

Some friends of mine build a large dirt track with banked corners, table tops, long straights so I bought a cheap nitro 1/10 monster truck to race with them. Lots of fun but continual repairs. Basically run them until they break.

They sold the place and the track is gone, new owners turned it back to a horse paddock.

I still have the truck with it's box of spare parts but of course it is broken and hasn't run in a few years.

Some friends of mine build a large dirt track with banked corners, table tops, long straights so I bought a cheap nitro 1/10 monster truck to race with them. Lots of fun but continual repairs. Basically run them until they break.

They sold the place and the track is gone, new owners turned it back to a horse paddock.

I still have the truck with it's box of spare parts but of course it is broken and hasn't run in a few years.
Bummer, I have but 2 R/C's left, a very worn out 4WD Nito buggy, and a Kyosho nitro monster truck, damn thing has a 3 speed transmission.

Both haven't run it years.

I also got into FPV drone racing, but a close encounter with a stupid kid as I was buzzing the ground at 120mph made me shelve them, it was a huge local field used as an R/C plane field, but locals would constantly be asses and show up walking in the middle of the field, it's just too dangerous, and other pilots were mostly in Tampa, don't want to eat up all day to fly 20 minutes.

This is a prototype frame I had CNC'd and believe it or not, slow compared to the finished model.
And this was the field using a commercially available frame.

Nitro was too much work for me just sold my Nitro Rustler
A "big block" engine and bump box on a 1/8 buggy, essentially bulletproof and maintenance free aside from occasionally replacing the glow plug.

Rustler's are based on a 20 year old design and are more TLC.

I was given it I believe it was like a 2001model, engine was seized so I unfroze it with pbBlaster overnight , replaced the throttle servo and ran about a gallon through It and decided I like electric and 2 stroke better, but loved the smell of the nitro.

I was given it I believe it was like a 2001model, engine was seized so I unfroze it with pbBlaster overnight , replaced the throttle servo and ran about a gallon through It and decided I like electric and 2 stroke better, but loved the smell of the nitro.
I've had all power sources, including a 1/5th scale 2stroker, but I'll always be a nitro guy.

Back