Phatmoto Rover gov bypass info please

newt92183

Local time
3:25 AM
So after finally getting my ride I realize the painful truth of just how slow 19 mph is, I can only guess what was going through my head the night I purchased this yrs model Phatmoto Rover.

Reality of the situation is 3hp governed engine combined with jack shaft setup equals one slow puppy, so I am hoping someone can point me towards an indepth rundown of how to go about squeezing any more power from her bypassing the governer, or a very straight forward motor swap that can be done for a decent price...

To be honest with you guys I wish I would of just got another 2 stroke either of my 2 yd100 builds smoke this thing as well as the pk 80 easily smokes it, but with her I knew full well she wouldnt win any speed races she was more about style,

wish would just bought a felt faker or zeda dawn style bike and placed one of my motors onto it but hindsights a bi!@# sometimes. Normally I would talk with someone at the company but its useless to try to even talk to well anyone at Phatmoto returns forget about it, issues other than how to send in your money goes unnoticed or better yet gets the 20 questions run down so other than you guys Im on my own with it. thanks for any and all help.

Sounds like a tractor. Lots of pull.
I saw in the ad you could order the 50 or 44 tooth final drive sprocket. That sounds like an easy fix for a little more top speed. Just have to shorten the chain.

Use a creatively bent paper clip to replace the small spring that's situated between the pivoting plate that the throttle cable pulls (right-rear area) , and the long arm running from the side of the engine (left-rear area) up to the carb-linkage. This defeats the governor. Or, back-out the govenor adjuster screw - use pliers. - to adjust for higher rpm ability.

Note that I don't recommend doing either until the engine has at least 25 hours run-time on it.

Back