Phatmoto rider

phatmotocat

Local time
12:35 AM
Hi from SOCO!

Hi, I am a motorized bike enthusiast. I like two stroke kits but recently bought and upgraded a 2023 Phatmoto Rover. It was painful slow out of the box but it is a different animal now. I would like to share how I did this relatively easy modification to make the phatmoto a whole different enjoyable experience using only the stock parts that came with the bike. The only tool required is an angle grinder to cut some of the stock pieces.

Attachments

• moto.jpg
    moto.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 32
I'm gonna use one of my briggs flattys. Either the 3hp or 5hp, probably the 3 with a mild build.
I suppose it is a matter of choice but personally I would do the simple things to the 79cc Lifan which cost nothing but makes a world of difference in performance over stock. Stock I was getting 20 mph. With a new 44 tooth rear sprocket and a wired governor achieved 27 mph. I have now removed the governor and modified the carb linkage as I posted. Not sure on speed yet but seems much faster and a pleasure to ride.

I suppose it is a matter of choice but personally I would do the simple things to the 79cc Lifan which cost nothing but makes a world of difference in performance over stock. Stock I was getting 20 mph. With a new 44 tooth rear sprocket and a wired governor achieved 27 mph. I have now removed the governor and modified the carb linkage as I posted. Not sure on speed yet but seems much faster and a pleasure to ride.
When I finally do get one, simplicity and price isn't really my concern.

Hi from SOCO!

Hi, I am a motorized bike enthusiast. I like two stroke kits but recently bought and upgraded a 2023 Phatmoto Rover. It was painful slow out of the box but it is a different animal now. I would like to share how I did this relatively easy modification to make the phatmoto a whole different enjoyable experience using only the stock parts that came with the bike. The only tool required is an angle grinder to cut some of the stock pieces.
What happened to your wagon?

Back